Talk

Advanced search

Blocked loo

(6 Posts)
Janel85 Mon 12-Feb-18 14:32:45

Moved into new property in December (house is 80s) toilet kept getting blocked, plumber has investigated thinks it’s something stuck in ubend/pipes, he asked if I put baby wipes sanitary towels down there, no to both, then he said tampax I said no as I was embarrassed but I have flushed tampons down there, I didn’t know you weren’t supposed to! Anyway he said the blockage needs to be investigated by someone who does drainage, is this guy going to come round and get a load of tampons out of the pipes I’m not sure I can cope with that blush is there anything powerful I can stick down the loo to get rid of the blockage?!

woodchuckchuck Mon 12-Feb-18 14:35:32

On what planet do people live where they don't know that you don't put anything down the loo apart from toilet paper and human waste?

Sorry, but this riles me.

Catsingangs Mon 12-Feb-18 17:47:26

Only the 3 p's should go down the loo - pee, poo and paper (toilet paper) but at least you know that now grin

I'd just leave it to the experts to investigate and fix, it could be tree roots in the sewer pipes, collapsed drain or badly connected pipework.

Chances are that this is an ongoing thing since before you bought the house, so probably not your fault. The drain guys would have seen all kinds of shit (literally) in the drains so I don't think it will bother them in the least.

Catsingangs Mon 12-Feb-18 17:49:46

Oh and if someone is coming out to look at the pipework, please don't put any drain cleaner/acid down the loo as it could cause them very serious injury !

Imnotaslimjim Mon 12-Feb-18 17:51:51

You can get a set of drain rods at B&Q or similar, they're simple enough to use. It may be enough to clear a minor blockage.

Lucisky Tue 13-Feb-18 08:12:48

I really wouldn't be embarrassed, plumbers are pretty immune to this sort of thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: