Talk

Advanced search

Help completely basic advice needed

(5 Posts)
Buglife Fri 09-Feb-18 10:42:58

How do I put this lampshade up?! I’ve just put two globe ones up but this is stumping me. Do I unscrew something on the pendant? I’m googling but they assume I want to put a pendant up, not that I’d be so basic as to not work out how to get the actual shade on.

billysboy Fri 09-Feb-18 10:46:31

turn off the electric , the wire dangling down holds the lamp fitting which is in two pieces with what looks like a black band in the middle
Hold the top half above the band and unscrew the bottom half
Once off fit your lampshade and screw the bottom piece back on

Buglife Fri 09-Feb-18 10:52:29

Cheers, I thought that might be it! I’ll turn it off now.

Buglife Fri 09-Feb-18 11:50:27

Well now I know why the lampshade was attached weird, I cannot for he life of me unscrew the bottom bit, it’s not budging and all that’s happening is the top but is unscrewing as I try and hold it tightly to unscrew the bottom... ugh. And with curtains to hang I’ve got way too many standing on ladders with my arms held up for ages things to do today angry

billysboy Sat 10-Feb-18 09:55:44

a new pendant will only be a couple of quid and is a 5 minute job to change if you feel brave enough

The plastic at the top of the dangling cable will also unscrew with the electric off you should be able to see a brown wire and a blue wire that dorm the dangling flex if you undo these just replace with new pendant holder without having to undo the whole thing

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: