Talk

Advanced search

How long did your mortgage application take (YBS)

(6 Posts)
hopeidontforgetthisusername Thu 08-Feb-18 11:53:33

We are currently with YBS and are going with them again for our next purchase. I sent the form back last Friday but haven't heard anything yet for surveyor to visit whereas our buyer had their survey done on our existing property on Tuesday. To be fair we only agreed to sale/purchase on Monday 29th Jan so it seems as though there valuer is perhaps quite prompt?

Thumbcat Thu 08-Feb-18 14:06:45

We did our application to TSB on a Monday and had the offer through on Friday.

hopeidontforgetthisusername Thu 08-Feb-18 15:22:04

Wow that was quick Thumbcat

Did they do the valuation and everything in that time?

Thumbcat Thu 08-Feb-18 20:40:39

Yes but the valuation 'report' consisted of one sentence basically saying it was a house and was worth what we were paying for it. I can't imagine the surveyor did anything more than a drive by. It made me quite cross that I'd had to pay £500 for it!

redmarkone Fri 09-Feb-18 13:47:09

ours took 12 days with virgin money in june 2017. both of us in employment for years before application and high deposit to purchase price. nothing too controversial so poss why application process didnt take long. bought a newish house with no alterations so nothing too complex with valuation. we did find that we had to chase the valuer that our lender instructed to get that all set up.

hopeidontforgetthisusername Fri 09-Feb-18 14:04:28

Thanks I think I will give them a call on Monday as by then they would have had the application a week and I would like to think that the values will be instructed soon. I have t paid fir the survey fee yet - they said they would contact me to take payment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: