Talk

Advanced search

Shower toilets

(7 Posts)
WattdeEll Sun 28-Jan-18 11:40:49

I’m considering installing a shower toilet in a rental property for a tenant with additional needs. I’ve seen the Japanese style ones that combine a bidet effect with a toilet. Does anyone have any experience of these, what to look out for, any recommendations etc?

WattdeEll Tue 06-Feb-18 00:51:21

Anyone?

RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Tue 06-Feb-18 11:36:31

I've used them abroad and they are absolutely fantastic, I really wanted one for home. But over here they are very expensive so I guess it depends how much you want to spend?

I know it's possible to just get the seat and fix it to your normal loo but for me that looks a bit scruffy and having something you plug in where water is swilling around near your bum is a bit worrying!

Gerberit do a good selection.

Fizzyknickers Tue 06-Feb-18 11:39:47

We’ve got a geberit wash/dry toilet. It’s in place for a disabled child. No one else uses it really tho. It has to be connected to the electric so imo it’s just something else to go wrong on it... not worth it really.

Look at WashLoo for a cheaper alt tho

Sprig1 Tue 06-Feb-18 13:41:34

I refurbish some properties for Syrian families and we have fitted loo hoses. They are like a small hand-held shower that you fit on to the water pipe near the loo and have a trigger mechanism to turn on water flow so they can be used for washing after going to the loo. Would something like this be any use? They are easy to fit and also easily removed if no longer required.

PigletJohn Tue 06-Feb-18 18:11:37

the inexpensive hand-held squirters generally don't conform to UL water regulations. For example, if the squirter became contaminated, for example in use or falling into the pan, there are circumstances where the contamination can travel up the pipe and contaminate the tapwater.

Cold tapwater in the UK, in winter, is considerably colder than in the countries where these squirters are more common.

WattdeEll Wed 07-Feb-18 20:25:21

Thanks all, interesting about the water hoses PigletJohn. Think I need to go back and look at their needs again. I don’t want to spend loads, or waste money on rubbish, but willing to pay for something that works well. May need to look at wetroom facilities instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now