Talk

Advanced search

Help! Nest thermostat

(12 Posts)
noodleaddict Fri 26-Jan-18 23:56:35

Thermostat is set to 9 degrees and has been since 9.30pm. Auto temp is off. Thermostat (in the living room) says temp is 25.5 degrees (??!)

So why the fuck are my radiators on?

noodleaddict Sat 27-Jan-18 08:43:17

Morning bump. Has anyone else had problems with theirs?

Leafyhouse Sat 27-Jan-18 08:45:04

Try resetting the connection to the Heat Link. Mine dropped out twice last night. sad

noodleaddict Sat 27-Jan-18 08:55:55

Thank you, how do I do that? It's weird it seems to work fine in the day then give up in the evening.

Leafyhouse Sat 27-Jan-18 09:15:59

It's under 'Settings - Equipment - Heatlink'. Or under 'Reset' you can restart your Nest. Sounds like the Nest is trying to turn the boiler off, but the boiler's ignoring the signals. If the software's all restarted and up to date, then it could be a faulty installation.

noodleaddict Sat 27-Jan-18 10:36:19

Thank you, I'll try it smile

duende Tue 06-Feb-18 20:40:18

I am having the same problem, it's driving me insane. Have you managed to solve your issue Noodleaddict?

tdm1 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:30:29

Try the nest helpline - I've found them very helpful.

noodleaddict Tue 06-Feb-18 22:51:03

I reset the thermostat as suggested and that seems to have sorted it so far

SleepIsForTheWeek Tue 06-Feb-18 22:58:42

I HATE my nest thermostat. Never does what I want it to, thinks it knows when I am warm enough and turns itself off. Then tries to gaslight me by telling me my flat is warmer than it is.

noodleaddict Wed 07-Feb-18 09:50:06

Sleep I suspect the nest thermostat is an abusive arsehole in disguise. Mine has been gaslighting me too by reading 9 degrees whilst heating the room to 25 degrees. It also switches itself on hours before I want it to then claims that's what I asked it to do. Bastard.

MiaowTheCat Wed 07-Feb-18 11:35:10

Never does what I want it to, thinks it knows when I am warm enough and turns itself off.

I don't need a fancy thermostat for that - I have DH (the heating knob twiddling bastard)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now