Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a cordless Hoover that you LOVE?

(8 Posts)
IAmNotThrowingAwayMyShot Sat 13-Jan-18 14:23:08

I’m looking for a really good cordless vac for cleaning around the kitchen and under the table after meals or crafts. It needs to:
—easily suck up crumbs, pieces of dry cereal, glitter, small scraps of paper, etc., ideally on the first pass
—have a long “stick” type handle as I have a bad back and can’t bend over easily. If it can also be used as a hand-held that’s a bonus.
—NOT be a Dyson — they’re too expensive, plus I’ve never liked the Dyson Hoovers I’ve used in the past.
—Keep working well for more than a year. (The ones I’ve had in the past all seem to lose suction or battery life dramatically around the one year mark.)

Budget is reasonably flexible but as I said, not Dyson flexible. Thank you in advance for any recommendations!

Baxdream Sat 13-Jan-18 14:28:12

I'm going to get the shark one. They do monthly instalments too. Plus f you get it from shark you get a free coffee machine

Ollivander84 Sat 13-Jan-18 14:33:37

I haven't got the cordless one but I have recently bought a Shark and I think I want to marry it. The suction is insane, it's cleverly got all the buttons labelled, a decent warranty and I got it via Very - cashback via Quidco and 9 months interest free time to pay it off

spudfield Sat 13-Jan-18 14:36:11

I have a xiaomi robot hoover. Will do everything you ask for and more... Without you having to even be there. I luffs mine, couldn't live without it. I have a Dyson too, it's hardly ever used anymore

MiaowTheCat Sat 13-Jan-18 17:10:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MoreProseccoNow Sat 13-Jan-18 20:22:08

I bought a Dyson v6 cordless stick on the Dyson eBay outlet for £129, with a 1 year guarantee. It's brilliant.

StrawberryToast Sun 14-Jan-18 21:20:29

If you can get a dyson from an outlet as a pp mentioned then I honestly would. I have two toddlers and two cats and it is the best gadget I've ever brought. It is constantly used in the kitchen all day long (I use it everyday in the rest of the house too!) I've had it two years and I really abuse it. It's in constant use, I suck up damp food aswell as dry, cat litter, hair, rice, mud, crumbs anything I can't be bothered to pick up it's even been used to Hoover up brick dust after a wall was knocked out (it shouldn't have and I did take to be properly cleaned to be safe) and still works perfectly!

MoreProseccoNow Sun 14-Jan-18 22:12:50

I LOVE my Dyson. Such a sad confession, but it really has made my life so much easier. Really simple to use.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: