Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me find some light shades?

(10 Posts)
steppemum Fri 15-Dec-17 09:25:54

Looking for light shades for my bedroom. One large for cnetral light and then 2 small for bedside lights.

I cannot find the small shades at all, it seems as if youhave to buy new bedside lights, which we don't need.

bedroom is pale silvery grey with dark red bedding and curtains, and I want silvery grey/silver metal shades.

What I really like is metal ones with cut out/fretwork design, very simple shape, no dangling crystals etc. Slightly industrial. I can find them at a price, but I can't afford it. Second hand/ebay would be fine!

so £35 for bedside lights and £25 for a central shade is WAY out of budget sad
i like this for example

wowfudge Fri 15-Dec-17 15:04:20

Try IKEA.

PigletJohn Fri 15-Dec-17 15:20:55

John Lewis and Homebase have good lighting departments.

www.homebase.co.uk/search/products?q=lampshade&redirectFrom=Any

Homebase stores are gradually being rebranded as Bunnings, I presume the product mix will change.

Hollyhobgoblin Fri 15-Dec-17 16:18:04

Anything in Dunelm?

steppemum Fri 15-Dec-17 21:39:14

Thanks all.
John Lewis is too expensive.

There is a lovely one in Homebase, this one at £25, but I can't get smaller shades for the bedside lights. They have complete matching table lamps at £45 each sad

PigletJohn Sat 16-Dec-17 00:02:50

might be worth browsing the homeware aisles in some other big DIY sheds, but Homebase always seemed to be particularly strong in that line. And curtain rails. Must have had a keen buyer. Round here the soft furnishing/drapery/homeware sort of shops have dwindled.

SadClown Sun 17-Dec-17 17:23:54

How about these, looks like they can be fitted to ceiling pendant and table lamps.

www.wilko.com/pendants+lamp-shades/wilko-tunis-pendant-cylinder-chrome-effect/invt/0413906

LoniceraJaponica Sun 17-Dec-17 17:27:20

Dunelm has a wide choice.

HomeExtender Sun 17-Dec-17 17:47:05

Laura Ashley are reasonable when they have a sale on.

whitemarble Sun 17-Dec-17 23:55:18

How about this one:

http://www.dunelm.com/product/arlo-light-shade-1000076044

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: