Talk

Advanced search

Wifi extender

(8 Posts)
Rosegardensandgin Tue 12-Dec-17 18:40:32

Hello, my house has 4 floors and the wifi is really struggling in parts, can anyone recommend a wi fi extender please that works? The walls are extremely thick and I have bought one from Argos but it's not doing the job so looking for recommendations of ones that work? Extra points if it's from Amazon so I can lazily order it 😊 Thanks in Advance

Humptynumpty02 Tue 12-Dec-17 18:48:46

BT Whole Home WiFi.

Rosegardensandgin Tue 12-Dec-17 19:07:28

We are still tied into a contract with talk talk(shocking customer service btw) so just trying to make the best of what we have for now - sorry should have mentioned that

Believeitornot Tue 12-Dec-17 21:01:10

You’ll need more than one extender. One on at least every floor.

We got some from net gear.

MrBennOfFestiveRoad Tue 12-Dec-17 22:26:04

We have some from Netgear. They take the signal through our 3ft wide walls, and work well enough to stream TV across the house from the main router, so must be fairly good.

HeadDreamer Tue 12-Dec-17 22:29:58

You should have one on every floor. A Ethernet over power extender will work. No need to get BT or talk talk involved. We have something like this www.amazon.co.uk/Powerline-Adapter-Homeplug-Wireless-Extender/dp/B00C580FZA?tag=mumsnetforum-21

You can read about how they work on www.devolo.com

Rosegardensandgin Tue 12-Dec-17 23:11:18

Thank you

MiaowTheCat Wed 13-Dec-17 13:46:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: