Talk

Advanced search

Builder in Putney SW15

(3 Posts)
PeterBT Tue 05-Dec-17 13:37:41

Hi Mumsnet - looking to do some fairly simple renovation works in Putney SW15. Have spoken with loads of builders and to be honest not sure who I can trust. They all say different things. Can anyone please recommend a builder they have used?

Thank you for your help!

sparechange Tue 05-Dec-17 13:52:53

Avoid BuildTeam like the plague (you'll struggle to find detailed negative reviews on here because they threaten legal action against anyone who reviews them)

You might find more recommendations and up to date reciews on NappyValleyNet also...

Sarahsea1 Tue 05-Dec-17 18:11:24

Try and find someone who doesn't sub contract out - which is a big ask in SW London. There's also FMB as a start point - they have a Find a Builder service - certainly not an exhaustive list but worth a look. I can PM you details of my builder although I'm now doing some work with him (for sake of transparency if you wish? He's done a few jobs for me and loads in SW London (several years worth) - you can also meet some of his former clients to prove they're still speaking to him..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now