Talk

Advanced search

Torn Roof Felt

(4 Posts)
LaughingLlama Tue 05-Dec-17 11:36:43

We have 3 areas of torn roof felt. 2 of I am pretty sure caused by us (DH) over enthusiastically shoving something tall up into the loft!! hmm. This could also be the cause of the third area too tbh - he is a hoarder!!

So anyway, my question is - can it be repaired fairly easily?
I am hoping it will not involve the roof being taken off. Please please tell me it can be repaired/replaced from the inside. I am wondering if they would replace a whole strip of roofing felt or patch repair it.? One area is right at the apex of roof so in fact 2 pieces of roof felt are hanging down from the top a little (torn). I can see the tiles through the hole.

It has been like this for a little while now and so far we havn't had any leaks up there however, the longer time goes by the more I worry and so really want repair it - or more than likely get someone in to repair it.

Before I start calling roofers I wanted to ask if anyone else has repaired torn roof felt and what it involved and any rough idea of cost - although I know this will differ vastly from roof to roof and area to area.

One thing I need to consider is that this very probably is not our forever home and it is likely we will move in 5 or so years, so I would want a decent job done.

LaughingLlama Wed 06-Dec-17 15:38:09

Anyone??

butterfly56 Wed 06-Dec-17 16:52:56

Hi OP

You can watch YouTube videos on how to do this repair from the inside!
Hope you manage to get it sorted?! smile

LaughingLlama Wed 06-Dec-17 21:19:46

Thanks Butterfly56 . At least it looks like the roof does not have to come off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now