Advanced search

Bath shower questions

(17 Posts)
AnonymousTomato Sun 03-Dec-17 21:42:58

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a bath with a rainfall shower and a handheld shower all over it all controlled by a single panel on the side? Similar to the photo attached. I only seem to be able to find thermostatic mixers which control the handheld and the main shower above the bath but don't include the bath, unless this one does too but I don't see how it fills the bath if that makes sense?

AnonymousTomato Sun 03-Dec-17 21:43:32

This is a photo of the linked mixer

Believeitornot Sun 03-Dec-17 21:44:44

I think the plumbing for a bath is quite simple so you’d over complicate it by doing it that way....?

Vintagegoth Sun 03-Dec-17 21:57:00

We have as the photo for the shower and separate taps for the bath. How can you turn the taps off with your toes if they are halfway up the wall? Seriously though, hats off to you for trying to reduce taps and knobs.

AnonymousTomato Sun 03-Dec-17 21:57:03

I'm getting myself confused here.
So what would you do, have separate switches for the bath and the shower?

AnonymousTomato Sun 03-Dec-17 22:00:43

rudimentary question diagram

AnonymousTomato Sun 03-Dec-17 22:01:46

Posted as a larger pic this time.

Sarahsea1 Sun 03-Dec-17 22:32:58

You have a triple diverter that switches between the three outlets - bath. handheld and shower head. The water for the bath comes out of the bath filler, which is the round thing in your pic. The filler also acts as an overflow.

IceFall Sun 03-Dec-17 23:06:41

We had that in our last place - hated it because it took so long for the bath to fill.

AnonymousTomato Sun 03-Dec-17 23:16:38

But Sarah there aren't enough knobs. There are only two and three water sources. Also how do you control the heat

Sarahsea1 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:17:17

Sorry anonymous, I was looking at your three knob picture (so to speak). That does indeed look like a two way diverter but it may be that there's one knob for on/off/temp and there other has three settings like this hansgrohe one. Either way, check with Builders Depot - what you're asking for isn't unusual. Bath obvs needs to be suitable - no tap holes.

Sarahsea1 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:17:41

Sorry - forgot link to hansgrohe example:

IceFall Mon 04-Dec-17 19:24:36

Outs just had two knobs. One did shower rainfall / shower normal / both / bath and the other did temp.

minipie Mon 04-Dec-17 19:30:41

We have three knobs, between them they control bath filler, overhead shower and handheld shower. And temperature of course.

I think ours is by Crosswater, will try to find a link.

We have them in the centre of the long wall of the bath - high enough to reach easily when in showe but low enough for an adult to reach when having a bath.

minipie Mon 04-Dec-17 19:36:20

this is what we have

minipie Mon 04-Dec-17 19:41:31

Yes as Ice says, strictly you only need two knobs - one to switch between outlets and one for temp. However you need 3 knobs if you might ever want two of the outlets running at once.

Look for recessed triple outlet valve

AnonymousTomato Tue 05-Dec-17 20:05:05

thanks for al your help. Off to do some more researching!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: