Talk

Advanced search

Dropping the curb in a close with friction

(4 Posts)
MyMorningHasBroken Sun 03-Dec-17 20:44:18

I've been living in a close for 2 years. It's my mum's property and I rent it from her. She bought it when I seperated from my H. Anyway. As always in a close parking is a nightmare. I have one car but pretty much everyone else has two or three. I drive down to London every other weekend 3.5/4 hour drive with 3 young kids and get back to find nowhere to park. Anyway next door one side have a dropped curb but they have suffered for it! One of the neighbours was yelling at them one night and another set up a partition!
Mum has got permission to drop the curb and will do it by a licensed person.
I've tried to be friendly with everyone in the close and try and keep myself to myself being aware there are clearly 2 sets of people who really don't like each other.
WwYD?

Tinselistacky Sun 03-Dec-17 20:48:03

Drop the kerb. Put yourself first legally. Other fuckwits do it to please themselves regardless. .

FleurWeasley Sun 03-Dec-17 20:56:34

You don’t own the house, it’s out of your hands unfortunately, shrug and smile.

MiaowTheCat Mon 04-Dec-17 08:03:50

I'd assume people are worried you're doing what the party trick around here is - to get a drop kerb put in to basically "dibs" your parking space in front of your house (you can't actually get a car easily on the front garden space here anyway unless you use the neighbour's similarly paved garden to get on and off so it is essentially a very expensive immature game of parking space dibs).

Our neighbour (who has a drop kerb - and is generally a bit of a mardy twat) would be the first to piss and whine if we tried to do the same. That would be the reason for the narkiness anyway.

Smile and wave - smile and wave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now