Talk

Advanced search

What could be done to this layout?

(6 Posts)
Mirrorxx Sun 03-Dec-17 17:01:53

I am interested in a house due to the area being great for us but I really dislike the layout. I would want to create a larger kitchen dining and sitting area as well as keeping a separate sitting room and possibly a utility room. I just can't seem to work out how to do this without w very large extension. Any ideas?

Tobuyornot99 Sun 03-Dec-17 17:07:10

Turn the kitchen into the sitting room, partition off part of the garage as a utility, and have the dining and living rooms knocked through to a big open plan space?

Baxdream Sun 03-Dec-17 17:17:18

I had exactly the same view as the last person!

Mirrorxx Sun 03-Dec-17 17:37:24

I don't think the kitchen is big enough to be a sitting room. Otherwise that would be the easiest option.

Tobuyornot99 Sun 03-Dec-17 17:43:28

Hard to tell without measurements of course. If you are planning on doing most of your living in the back room would you need much more than a snug in the front really?

titchy Sun 03-Dec-17 17:50:07

Knock together living and sitting rooms to create big kitchen/dining/ sitting. Turn existing kitchen into cosy living room. Chop off end of garage to create utility. Easy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now