Talk

Advanced search

Help me improvise a bath plug!

(9 Posts)
Polyethyl Sat 02-Dec-17 20:23:10

I am filthy. A shower simply will NOT do!

But the pop-up plug mechanism in my bath is leaking so fast I can't fill the bath at all.

Can anyone tell me how to improvise a temporary sealant above the plug mechanism?
(I'll hunt out a plumber tomorrow.)

Crumbs1 Sat 02-Dec-17 20:25:25

Plasticine in clingfilm.
Blutack

emsyj37 Sat 02-Dec-17 20:27:01

We used to have a pop up plug. It was screwed in and if the screw came loose it wouldn't pop in properly. Might be worth trying to twist it to see if the screw needs tightening? Hope that makes sense!

Buggericantthinkofanamechange Sat 02-Dec-17 20:27:30

A rubber band round a faulty washer usually works.
Have you tried adjusting the screw under the pop up? (Pull it out and turn upside down)

Scrowy Sat 02-Dec-17 20:27:49

Have you got any plastic balls (ball pool type balls or similar) that will block the plug hole through suction? Seems to work every time I try and empty the bath after DC here....

Alternatively, bluetac? Playdoh? Plastic bag wedged in with something heavy?

Polyethyl Sat 02-Dec-17 20:34:13

Ok. Thank you. I am going in, with the clingfilm.

purplecorkheart Sat 02-Dec-17 20:35:41

A zip lock bag filled with pennies and water and sealed pushed into the plug hole.

Polyethyl Sat 02-Dec-17 20:50:05

Thank you! My bath is filling!
This is why I love mumsnet. Thank you.

The reason I am so filthy is because I have been covered in fake blood, casualty simulation make up and the glue from where fake wounds were stuck to my neck and face. Military medical students have been practiced on me all day.

Polyethyl Sat 02-Dec-17 20:50:27

Practicing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now