Advanced search

Is it unreasonable to take our outside rubber mats when moving?

(9 Posts)
Twopeapods Thu 30-Nov-17 16:14:10

We have our house up for sale at the moment, and we have two areas to the garden. One bit with decking and artificial grass and a big shed which are all staying, but another bits for the kids with a playhouse and rubber mats. The mats were very expensive about 700ish, (including sand and timber to frame and level it). They literally just sit on the ground, not fixed in. They keep a nice level safe area for our young kids to play and I want to take them with us as we have only had them for a year. There were stones there before and we would put the stones back. Is this reasonable?
The particulars just say that all floor coverings and garden shed included in the sale, but does this include my mats?

MollyHuaCha Thu 30-Nov-17 16:17:28

I think it sounds reasonable for you to take them. Were they mentioned in the written estate agency details about the house?

If you take them, it would be kind if whatever is under them looks reasonable.

JoJoSM2 Thu 30-Nov-17 16:20:35

If the mats aren't fixed in any way, just sit there on the ground, then I'd expect you to take them.

Twopeapods Thu 30-Nov-17 16:44:41

The extras say that fixtures, fittings, integrated appliances and floor coverings are included.
We would put new stones down like it was before we put the mats down so it would look nice. We are taking the kids playhouse as that was only bought last summer as well. The shed cost £900 only two years old but we will leave that:-( too much hassle to take it.

Joinourclub Thu 30-Nov-17 16:47:00

I think it would be polite to let the buyers know that you are taking them. Even though it is possible to remove them, they sound like a pretty permanent feature of the garden, and I'd probably be expecting them to stay. It would be a shame for them to arrive at their new home, and be disappointed.

OneGreyElephantBalancing Thu 30-Nov-17 16:53:27

If it's only for sale and you aren't at contract it's fine
You define fixtures and fittings in the contract. I wouldn't expect those to be included from your description

thecatsthecats Thu 30-Nov-17 16:56:42

I'd say it was a ground cover, not a floor cover. I would tell them that you're taking it in the property information form (ours had a garden section - sellers said they were leaving the table and chairs, which was a nice surprise... until they didn't).

To be honest, as long as you fill in the form correctly then there's no real comeback. Our sellers were crackers. They ticked that rooms that had no curtains had curtain poles, but ticked that others didn't have shelves when they did. Really, we didn't care either way if they took things, so long as they were accurate with what they did and didn't specify.

Bluntness100 Thu 30-Nov-17 22:26:19

I think you need to detail they are being removed on thr fixtures and fittings form to avoid any come back at a later date. You can take them but you should make them aware of it.

Twopeapods Fri 01-Dec-17 18:52:49

I will make sure the estate agent is aware that we are taking them and will make sure all the forms are filled in correctly. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: