Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom vanity units

(7 Posts)
Hotdoggy Thu 30-Nov-17 10:21:21

Hi, looking for advice/recommendations on bathroom vanity units. I've looked in the usual places, wickes and local bathroom shops, but can't find what I'm looking for. Image attached.

I was also looking at the moulded Corinth type basins that sit on top of bathroom units. If you have one, what are like in terms of practical stuff, for example, cleaning, light colours verses dark colours wear and tear, staining, denting etc

If you've got vanity units like the images attached, what under-counter basin did you opt for and can you recommend a company that I buy this type of unit from?

flirtygirl Thu 30-Nov-17 16:50:30

Units online.co.uk show a bathroom almost identical to your second picture. If you look in the customer reviews section, it shows pictures alongside the reviews.

Thunderpunt Thu 30-Nov-17 17:13:41

I got bathstore.com to do a plan of my bathroom - but then shopped around online and bought all,the units and sanitary ware from Victorianplumbing.com and saved around £1500. There's also Victoria Plumb, both do brochures

BubblesBuddy Fri 01-Dec-17 01:34:05

Smallbone of Devizes do similar if you have the money!

JoJoSM2 Fri 01-Dec-17 07:58:30

Burlington do some larger vanities similar to number 2. Stuff similar to number 1, I’ve only seen in upmarket bathroom design shops.

BubblesBuddy Fri 01-Dec-17 12:46:03

Neptune may be similar and cheaper.

Hotdoggy Fri 01-Dec-17 21:43:54

Flirtygirl, saw the bathroom furniture someone has made out of kitchen cupboards from unitsonline. It looks quite amazing what they've done and at a fraction of the cost of the other recommendations.

Does anyone know if bathroom cabinets etc are manufactured differently to withstand wet, steamy bathrooms, as opposed to the temperature and humidity in a kitchen. Concerned if I do this they may warp, but I don't know.

Has anyone done this, made bathroom furniture out of kitchen cabinets and if so, have you had any problems such as swelling of the cupboards and doors, fading of the colour etc???

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: