Talk

Advanced search

Bioethanol Stoves-opinions

(4 Posts)
Clarabelle17 Thu 30-Nov-17 00:41:46

Hi,

We are looking at the possibility of a bioethanol stove for our living area as its not possible to fit a traditional flue for a log burner. We would be looking to get one that has the look and feel of a modern style woodburner but I was just wondering if anyone had one and what the opinions of it were?

Thanks

LadyPenelopeCantDance Sun 03-Dec-17 22:33:14

I had one in my old house. It looked great but was more of a feature than a working fireplace as the bio ethanol was so expensive! We got over from Imagin.

www.imaginfires.co.uk

PigletJohn Sun 03-Dec-17 22:47:13

I have an idea that the ventilation you need, to remove the CO2 and water vapour, removes the heat they make, so they are just an ornament.

Not as bad as flueless gas fires, which vent the fumes into the room and hardly ever kill people or pets.

Sgtmajormummy Sun 03-Dec-17 23:03:23

I found myself here one day, looking at Dimplex Opti-Myst electric fireplaces that use steam to create a realistic changing fire effect. Personally I've been quite happy with the rotating-light cheapy version, once I worked out it had a 6-second rotation!
Might be worth investigating.www.dimplex.co.uk/opti-myst

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now