Talk

Advanced search

Very very light white for north-facing office.

(13 Posts)
whiskyowl Wed 29-Nov-17 16:05:29

I have a tiny box room in my house, 3 X 2 metres. I've recently added a floor to ceiling bay to it, 1 m wide. This will eventually lead out onto a green roof. The room is flooded with light and is north-facing.

I want it to be a very light, airy space to work from home, but looking for a touch of warmth as the light is already quite blue. Thinking of having some oak drawers for storage and a grey desk top as furniture.

Would appreciate suggestions!!

Feezles Wed 29-Nov-17 16:18:38

I've used dulux Jasmine White several times and loved it. But it really is very close to white.

wowfudge Wed 29-Nov-17 17:19:59

Dulux Dona light reflecting range of pale colours - have you had a look at those?

whiskyowl Thu 30-Nov-17 16:52:56

Feezies - I actually have Jasmine White in there at the moment! The room used to be so small that it looked darker and creamier than it usually does. However, now there is a huge window, it will hopefully be a much brighter space so I need to find a moment when the builder isn't in there to go and look at the colour!!

wowfudge - I had a bad experience with Dulux Light & Space years and years ago, when it first came out. It was very thin and chipped really easily. I imagine they have changed the formulation in the last 15 years though!! Is it better now?

Fourmagpies Thu 30-Nov-17 17:13:27

We've been using Dulux Cotton white, looks lovely. Really bright and fresh. We have it in our kitchen which is north facing. In fact the photo I've just posted on the extension thread shows cotton white.

Believeitornot Thu 30-Nov-17 21:57:37

Because it’s a north facing room, the light will be blue so you’ll struggle to make it feel “warm” and bright. It’s kind of best to go with the light you have. So keep it cool and clean. worth reading

BubblesBuddy Fri 01-Dec-17 01:23:14

Winborne White by F and B or Borrowed Light for a pale blue. We have also used Wevet in a E and W facing room which is excellent and very light giving.

whiskyowl Fri 01-Dec-17 11:47:10

The room is 3 x 2 metres, with a new bay stuck on the end (see picture). The interior of this bay will be clad in cedar, which I think will change the quality of the light quite a lot. I'm hoping to have some really soft felt pouffes/bean bags in there so we can sit and look out at the view.

The colour on those walls right now is Jasmine white - you can see it looks almost yellowish. I think I need something even lighter! I'll check out the White Cotton and Wimborne White. Wevet looks possible too!

BubblesBuddy Fri 01-Dec-17 11:55:17

I would avoid a yellow hue. Wevet for me!

PhilODox Fri 01-Dec-17 11:57:28

Borrowed Light or Cabbage White. Both lovely, and I've used each in North facing rooms successfully.

PhilODox Fri 01-Dec-17 11:58:53

Also, joas white is a red-base white, but it may look a bit creamy... Probably wouldn't with north light.

Kr1st1na Fri 01-Dec-17 12:04:30

We have a similar room as in it’s small, large window, south facing and lost of green from the trees outside.

We painted it a very slightly creamy colour thinking it would look warm and it was terrible. The blue light and green trees made it a sickly pale green colour.

So we repainted it a very very slightly pink neutral, it’s what Fand B would call a red based neutral. I’m sorry I don’t know the name of the colour, it’s was just picked off a crown or Johnston’s fan.

Abra1d Fri 01-Dec-17 12:05:52

Almond white by Dulux.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now