Talk

Advanced search

Anyone has a 6m x 4.5m kitchen diner?

(16 Posts)
DataColour Wed 29-Nov-17 10:25:56

Is so, what can you fit in it? I was hoping for kitchen, dining table big enough for at least 6 and a sofa.

Doable?

TIA!

magicstar1 Wed 29-Nov-17 10:35:03

Mine is 5.5 x 4.5. I have a kitchen with an island, and a dining table for 6. No sofa, but if I pared the tall units back I suppose I could have fit one in.

Baxdream Wed 29-Nov-17 10:53:50

Ours is about 10 metres by 4metres. We're planning on having a large kitchen with island and big round dining table. We might have a couple of nice chairs but not a sofa

namechangedtoday15 Wed 29-Nov-17 11:12:45

Our previous kitchen diner was about that size overall but with a big corner taken out (it was an L shape rather than a rectangle). We had kitchen (with a small island), large dining table (90 x 180) and seating area (with sofa & tv etc). The only thing to say is that we were lucky with door / window placement but did brick up one door so we could put a sofa there, or it wouldn't have worked.

You definitely be able to get those things in a room that size.

Ridingthegravytrain Wed 29-Nov-17 12:58:57

Yes we have island, dining table and sofa space

JoJoSM2 Wed 29-Nov-17 12:59:31

My kitchen is a bit smaller (5.6*3.9). I think with the extra bit of width and length, you could have a kitchen with an island and decent dining table. Not sure about fitting the sofa in though. Or possibly yes but it might look a bit odd just plonked into the kitchen - I don't think you could have a kitchen, dining area and a proper sitting space.

If you fancy something a little comfier to sit on than a kitchen chair, you could use a bench or a banquette. We have one as we've got a tv in the kitchen so it's nice to sit comfortably with your morning coffee and porridge and catch up on the news.

A pic to show what I mean.

Mrscog Wed 29-Nov-17 13:02:32

Ours is 7 x 2.3m and we've fitted all of that in - it's just all very long and thin!

DataColour Wed 29-Nov-17 13:07:11

Thanks for all your replies so far! It's is promising to hear the answers. We might not have an island, maybe a L shaped kitchen.

NeverUseThisName Wed 29-Nov-17 13:12:26

I've got 7m x 4m. No space for a sofa. The kitchen area is about 4x4, and the eating area is about 3x3, including dressers. If we swapped them around, we would have space for a sofa in the dining area. But I prefer the bigger kitchen.

JoJoSM2 Wed 29-Nov-17 13:14:55

If you stick to an L-shape, you could have a table where the island would otherwise go. That will give you enough space for a sitting area.

another20 Wed 29-Nov-17 13:20:54

Easy if you don't have the island.

Ours is 5 x 7 with extra deep worktops (70 cm) wide gap to island (120) and deep island (90) we also have a wide dining table (100) - we have a sofa as well currently and it is "cosy" but not ideal. With your space if you had less deep work tops and a narrower table and no island you would have loads of space.

We are now knocking through to our lounge which we never use so that it will be all one space (11x5)

Not sure which way to face the sofas in the new kitchen/dining/living set up whether to move the fireplace .... would be interested in experiences views - plan on this link here....

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/3099860-Pictures-attached-Where-to-put-fireplace-and-orientate-sofas-in-large-kitchen-dining-living

RhythmNBooze Wed 29-Nov-17 13:22:23

Ours is about 5.5 X 3.5m and we have a kitchen with breakfast bar separating kitchen from dining area, dining table that seats 6 and a sofa.

sdaisy26 Wed 29-Nov-17 19:35:04

Ours will be about 5x7 & we will fit all of that easily (already do in the space we are just knocking down more wall to make it more open plan). No island though, peninsula with breakfast bar instead.

NotMeNoNo Thu 30-Nov-17 10:37:10

We got those in a 6x3 kitchen but to be fair the sofa was only a wicker one partly in front of the bifold doors.

It also depends on the doorways, ours were all at one end.

U shape of units with a long and short leg. Oblong Table for four was end on to the wall with more space most of the time, for guests we pulled it it out and turned it round.

NamedyChangedy Thu 30-Nov-17 13:05:11

Definitely do-able even with an island, especially if you follow JoJo's advice with the banquette - love those pics.

RoganJosh Thu 30-Nov-17 13:07:50

We definitely found a peninsula took up less space than an island. I might remember to find some dimensions later, but we’re just moving into it today so it’s a bit chaotic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now