Talk

Advanced search

Where should this door go...plan attached.

(8 Posts)
another20 Wed 29-Nov-17 09:57:16

Room 2 on the plan we use currently as a bedroom - the door is currently in position A. We are thinking of moving it to position B so that it opens onto quieter are of open plan - but we think that when we sell another buyer would most likely use this room as a snug/playroom/office - is so where should the door be? position A or B?

SoupDragon Wed 29-Nov-17 09:59:28

My gut feeling is B.

What does it say in that area of the floor plan? I can't zoom in properly on my iPad.

another20 Wed 29-Nov-17 10:02:52

Sorry thats my rapid scribbling - it says 'circulation' as no one would sit there - might put a desk/storage etc - leads off to front hall way and to through doorway to inner hall way with main bedrooms (single storey).

FleurWeasley Wed 29-Nov-17 12:11:27

I think a home office might work well with a door right next to the front door - if you had clients coming to the house for example. A playroom would work better opening into main living area.

I’m actually less sure about a bedroom right next to the front door, especially if it’s a children’s room.

rizlett Wed 29-Nov-17 12:21:19

If you do move it to B then you have much less options for furniture placement in the room what with the other door opening into the shower room. I think I'd keep it where it is for that reason.

another20 Wed 29-Nov-17 12:27:33

Thanks both. I doubt anyone else would need to use it as a bedroom - unless they have more kids than us (although there is a separate closed off hallway to the front door beyond the circulation area so it is secure).

B would work for an office - but we also have the other room (no 1 on diagram) which could be used as an office as it can be accessed through the separate side entrance and lobby which would save clients coming in through main front door.

I was thinking that will young children you would want the playroom /snug within sight line of the kitchen?

Although for us personally with a houseful of teens - moving it to B is best.

PumpingRSI Thu 30-Nov-17 04:51:00

Position A but with a sliding door so that it doesn't get in the way, can be kept open and within sight. That way you could sell it as a playroom which is an advantage. Gives you more options with room layout and furniture too.

another20 Thu 30-Nov-17 21:29:31

Pumping thats a great idea - I know that is what I would (had) want when the kids were little - a playroom off the kitchen - where you could literally sweep the lego/cars/dolls etc through the door or throw it over the stair gate!

We can just plasterboard over the existing door at position A - so it would be easy for any future family to uncover and use if they wanted. But for us now chopping a door into position B which is optimum for our stage in family life would be worth while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now