Talk

Advanced search

Underfloor heating thermostat with no instructions

(10 Posts)
Geneticsbunny Sun 26-Nov-17 15:10:48

We have wet underfloor heating and it usually works really well but one of my dear children has pressed all the buttons and managed to switch it off. It says it is on but is in af (air and floor) sensing mode when it should only be sensing a (air) temp. It also now has a padlock, I have clearly tried pressing too many buttons. Any ideas what I can try pressing to fix this? No brand name on the thermostat or inside so I can't Google for instructions.

RoganJosh Sun 26-Nov-17 15:23:39

There’s a chance it’s an Ambient one? The latest model looks like this.

Geneticsbunny Sun 26-Nov-17 16:00:12

That does look a lot like it. I don't suppose you have an instruction manual? I will see if I can Google one now.

RoganJosh Sun 26-Nov-17 17:50:44

Sorry, I just googled images and then found one with no brand, found it was Ambient and then googled Ambient.
It kind of looks like even that version may have the same childlock combo though. I think the buttons have just been renamed.

Oddbutnotodd Sun 26-Nov-17 17:54:14

Is it Prowarm? Do you have House icons with numbers during the day?

Oddbutnotodd Sun 26-Nov-17 18:01:41

Realise yours is a wet system. The suitcase I think means it's in holiday mode. I'm sure if you look on YouTube there will be a video which will help.

MistyReturns Sun 26-Nov-17 19:33:34

P - should be programme. If you press it a couple of times (slowly) the suitcase (holiday mode) should come off. Nothing will Work until it’s off holiday.
Then I think it’s a case of m for mode to set it back to air or floor temp.
Good luck 😉

Geneticsbunny Mon 04-Dec-17 17:36:38

Argh. It is locked as well as holiday mode. This is driving me nuts. Any ideas how to unlock it? This is worse than 1990s computer and cheats!

OutandIntoday Mon 04-Dec-17 17:39:42

youtu.be/EQTMjf4RMMg
Is this it?

ver0ver0 Mon 04-Dec-17 18:22:43

We have the same one....
Firstly, you must unlock it: press and hold the A and Down keys together for 10 seconds.
Now you have to cancel the holidays: press H three times, use up and down keys to have 00 days, press A to confirm.
Good luck, it should work :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now