Talk

Advanced search

Cheaper alternative to FB Strong White? Pretty please?

(8 Posts)
Partyfops Wed 22-Nov-17 19:31:31

I don't have much time and ideally need to go out and buy something first thing tomorrow. We are having a new log burner fitted and the new plaster will need to be painted before it goes in tomorrow.

FB is £45 per 2.5ltr, and i'm not sure whether it would be enough.

Thanks in advance.

ArbitraryName Wed 22-Nov-17 19:37:28

We got it colour matched in dulux. Johnstone’s will colour match it too. I suspect anyone with a paint mixing machine will.

Try a decorator centre.

Partyfops Wed 22-Nov-17 19:56:29

What would I need to bring in to colour match it. The booklet only Has such small areas of paint. I could paint something I suppose, I have a tester pot.

Partyfops Wed 22-Nov-17 19:57:27

What would I need to bring in to colour match it. The booklet only Has such small areas of paint. I could paint something I suppose, I have a tester pot.

Tatlerer Wed 22-Nov-17 21:02:36

I know in the case of Johnstone’s you can literally tell them to mix up F&B strong white and hey presto. They have all the colours on file.

HomeExtender Thu 23-Nov-17 21:09:15

We have F&B strong white colour matched in Johnsons paint. I just asked for it & they had the code.

Passmethecrisps Thu 23-Nov-17 21:11:00

Go to the paint shed or similar and give them the colour number. You don’t need a tester pot just the number

ArbitraryName Thu 23-Nov-17 23:24:09

Yeah. They all know what to input to match the super popular F&B colours. You don’t need anything for them to match against.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: