Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How many viewings did you get in your first week and how long did it take you to sell?

(44 Posts)
Emillee Tue 14-Nov-17 19:52:16

I know it differs/it only takes one potential buyer but I'm looking to get an idea of people's experiences.

We've been on the market a week and had one viewing.

I expected to have more initially, then slowing (i.e. people who'd been looking for a while at houses like our setting up viewings in a bit of a flurry, then tailing off).

Just interested in people's experiences?

Mollieben Tue 14-Nov-17 19:55:08

We had 6 viewing vs in the first week - all on the same day. We sold at the end of the first week

HipToBeSquare Tue 14-Nov-17 20:01:03

We had about 5 viewings a week for 6 weeks. We are sold stc at 6 weeks.

JoJoSM2 Tue 14-Nov-17 20:10:51

We sold out last house when the market was crazy two years ago. Probably 20+ viewings in the first week and several offers so went sstc that same week.

Geneticsbunny Tue 14-Nov-17 20:12:50

8 and then sold within 2 weeks. We priced low to get lots of interest though.

MoreThanJustANumber Tue 14-Nov-17 20:13:34

I had a really rubbish estate agent to start with and only got three viewings in the first month. Changed agent and had a couple a week and accepted an offer after three weeks. That was this time of year too when the market is a bit quieter.

JustHope Tue 14-Nov-17 20:18:49

3/4 viewings a week and sold after 3 weeks. Maybe different at this time of year many put off looking until after Christmas.

bonzo77 Tue 14-Nov-17 20:23:29

About 15-20 (including 3-4 2nd visits). Really! Accepted an offer at asking price the following week. We had 2 offers at asking price and one below. Probably could have held on for more money but we needed it sold.

twinone Tue 14-Nov-17 20:25:54

16 viewings first week, accepted offer on the second week.
Took a long 8 months to get to completion!!

BlueA4Paper Tue 14-Nov-17 20:26:21

1 viewing on day 1 - offer made and accepted within a week. Good luck.

Hs2Issue Tue 14-Nov-17 20:27:20

Went on market Friday after Brexit, 4 viewings on the Sunday and 3 offers on Monday and we accepted an offer on Wednesday after initial offer fell through.

lolalotta Tue 14-Nov-17 20:29:34

House went on the market Wednesday teatime, 3 offers at the asking price by lunchtime the next day, asked the first time buyer for a bit more on the asking price which they agreed to! We're now in our new home 😊

Emillee Tue 14-Nov-17 20:34:34

Goodness!

This isn't making me feeling any better 🤣🤣🤣

BubblesBuddy Tue 14-Nov-17 21:03:47

Emillee. We do know that house prices are reducing and you may need to price keenly to sell. I had about 6 viewings at a higher price but one viewer went on to buy in a more expensive part of town at the same asking price so I knew my price was too high. We also didn’t want to redo the kitchen or bathroom and the house is tiny. There are a lot of new builds fairly close too and they have the benefit of everything being new. The only thing to do was to reduce the price and bring in a new tranche of buyers who thought they couldn’t afford it. It’s now under offer. Be pragmatic and do your own market evaluation.

Lottie509 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:11:33

In this market it has to be priced right. We sold in september we were on for 6 weeks, I started to look at other houses in the area which had recently sold and decided I thought ours was over priced. We dropped our price accordingly and the offers started coming in.
Have you looked at what has recently sold around you?

OBface Tue 14-Nov-17 21:18:05

We had about 1 viewing a week, selling at 12 weeks (to the very first person we saw).

Have faith. It will eventually happen.

Puppymouse Tue 14-Nov-17 21:20:18

About 5 in first two days. Had three offers by the end of the week.

Nelly1727 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:31:22

18 in the first week, sold the second week. This fell through after 3 months just before exchange but we sold again within a week at a higher price and managed to keep the house we were buying (however took 7 months from offer to completion) Hope your experience is a bit smoother!

DontMakeMeShushYou Tue 14-Nov-17 21:34:40

2 viewings and sold after 3 days.

Funnyface1 Tue 14-Nov-17 22:09:25

We never actually went on the market. Our estate agent sent someone round while our advert was still being produced and he made an offer the next day. It was the price we wanted so we accepted.

It made me realise how important it is to pay for a brilliant estate agent.

Thumbcat Wed 15-Nov-17 08:41:09

We had 12 viewings and sold at asking price after the first week. Our house had a lot more going for it than others at the same price and those other houses are either still unsold or ended up reducing the asking price. I think you need to start out at the right price to sell quickly.

Si1ver Wed 15-Nov-17 08:47:30

I put the house on the market, refused all viewings for a week then held an open weekend where people were given individual slots to look round the house (no group viewings at all) and everyone was told I'd take offers on the Monday following but not before. I had six over asking offers on Monday and had accepted one (not the highest) on Wednesday.
Several people tried to gazump my buyer, but I refused . I did let the buyer know that is turned the down and that if they buggered about at all I'd withdraw from the sale and put the house back on the market. Easiest sale ever.

teaandbiscuitsforme Wed 15-Nov-17 08:50:58

We completed 2 weeks ago which was exactly 6 weeks after it went on the market. We had 19 first viewings in the first week and had accepted an offer after 7 days.

I agree with the poster who said it’s got to be priced right. We almost put our asking price down because even though we’d had that many viewings, it took a week to get an offer at a price we were willing to accept.

suckonthatmaureen Wed 15-Nov-17 09:16:26

We had approx 10 viewings in the first week, followed up by about 5 a week. Brexit came, and we had about 3 weeks of no viewings (1 week before and 2 weeks after).
It was also the summer holidays, and we were selling a difficult property (large, but no garden).

Took 10 weeks to sell. We're in the north west. The market had picked up hugely locally, and houses are now selling in days. But I believe it is slowing down in other places.

I would expect more than 1 viewing in the first week tbh. Have a look at how fast the market is near you, if it's not sluggish then it might not be priced right.

jazzmin Wed 15-Nov-17 17:30:47

2 in the first week. Nothing more for 2 months. Reduced house by 25k. 3 more viewings until it sold... took 5 months. Moved in last month!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now