Talk

Advanced search

New furniture - Sofas and Beds

(8 Posts)
metallica121 Tue 14-Nov-17 17:03:12

Hi all,

Looking to get new furniture for a new unfurnished flat. To start off, planning to look at deals on Beds and Sofa's.

Is now the right time or should I wait till boxing day for good savings, that is if such things are offered at discount on boxing day ?

Other than the standard stores like DFS, Harveys, Furniture village - what other recommendations can someone give?

Is it better to buy everything as separate units or do stores usually do deal?

Any ideas on how can I design interiors? A professional designer might be costly sad Are there any apps or websites?

Apologies for too many questions :D

Thanks

Geneticsbunny Tue 14-Nov-17 20:24:19

I think often deals on beds and sofas aren't as good as they seem. We got our current sofas from ikea and they are really comfy and were cheaper than all the usual sofa places. Pinterest is good for collecting ideas about interior decorating.

metallica121 Wed 15-Nov-17 17:33:42

Thank you.

Yes, that is why I was contemplating if I should buy now or wait for boxing day sales if I can get them cheaper.

Also was looking for recommendations of shops I can get a good recliner, other than usual high street ones.

NotMeNoNo Wed 15-Nov-17 18:21:10

Treat yourself to a few interiors magazines they often have some ideas.

If you are anywhere near Oxfordshire there's a discount furniture place called Trade Secret, in Adderbury, I think also one in Cheshire. Ive marked that for our next sofa. Lots of ex John lewis etc stuff.

Yazi23 Wed 15-Nov-17 18:38:55

I was speaking to someone who used to work at Harvey's a couple of days ago and she said they often change their prices on a Tuesday, so to keep a watch online, plus you can haggle in store. She said depending who you speak to you can haggle delivery off and 5-10%. Worth keeping in mind.

JoJoSM2 Wed 15-Nov-17 20:14:42

I think Dwell is doing a Black Friday sale.

What is your style? Have you looked at Houzz?

metallica121 Thu 16-Nov-17 16:44:38

Thanks so far for the responses.

I am based in London.

I will look at the options suggested. No didnt look at Houzz yet.

JoJoSM2 Thu 16-Nov-17 16:47:40

Houzz and Pinterest are good for inspiration and deciding on what style you want to go with. It’s good to do that before you start shopping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now