Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wallpaper - to change or not!!

(30 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Tue 14-Nov-17 11:13:38

Okay, so DH has finally agreed to change the wallpaper 😃. He still says the existing wallpaper is really nice, while stroking it & will be sorry to see it go (sad I know!) He does, however, admit the new wallpaper is very nice also. I've pointed out to him how many times I've been right about nearly, well, everything & to trust me, this will look fab!

Striped wallpaper is what we have now, horizontally on one wall. Brick wallpaper is what will be replacing. Other walls are painted just white. Have plum 'weave textured' curtains. Very dark brown settee, laminate flooring. Cream rug. Thoughts?

Baxdream Tue 14-Nov-17 11:22:44

I much prefer the stripes, sorry!

JesusTapdancingChrist Tue 14-Nov-17 11:24:05

I think the brick paper is a bit naff, sorry.

But I really dislike the stripes as well so my opinion probably not useful.

CakesRUs Tue 14-Nov-17 11:24:53

Honestly not keen on either but I’d chose the bricks over the stripe.

FacelikeaBagofHammers Tue 14-Nov-17 11:26:58

I'd take off the paper entirely and just paint the wall. Deep paint colours are very popular at the moment, and can look a lot more modern, cleaner and less dated than wallpaper. Sorry!

youvegottobekidding Tue 14-Nov-17 11:32:17

Face...yes deep colours are in, my nephew brought his house last year, did it up, when it came to decorating it this year, he's chose a deep grey colour, it does look good, 'crisp' & fresh, although I wouldn't choose to paint mine that colour.

Emilybrontescorsett Tue 14-Nov-17 21:16:19

Both look nice, although I am not a fan of brick.

Yellowfairy Tue 14-Nov-17 21:25:05

If you're only changing the wallpaper I think your current accessories and curtains won't go with the brick wallpaper

blueskyinmarch Tue 14-Nov-17 21:27:43

I hate the brick paper and the stripes look dated. I vote plain painted walls but i am not really fan of wallpaper.

JamesBlonde1 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:30:58

Stripes were flash in the pan (never liken them personally - unless it’s a Laura Ashley vertical) and the bricks will be the same. Neither sorry!

Ecureuil Tue 14-Nov-17 21:32:56

Hmm I don’t like either to be honest. Are fake brick effects ‘in’?

Ecureuil Tue 14-Nov-17 21:33:55

I don’t like wallpaper at all though, we’ve just moved and I’ve spent weeks agonising over paint colours but wouldn’t consider wallpaper.

Angryosaurus Tue 14-Nov-17 21:34:37

If you no longer like the stripes and have found a wallpaper you love (and have convinced your husband!) I'd definitely change it. You won't regret it smile

Bluntness100 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:34:58

I don’t really understand the question, you say you have the striped now and are replacing rhe brick. Replacing it with what, more stripes?

Ecureuil Tue 14-Nov-17 21:35:14

What are you asking?

AnaWinter Tue 14-Nov-17 21:36:06

I don’t like the stripes at all. Sorry! Could you paint instead of wallpaper?

Bluntness100 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:38:39

What are you asking?

Glad it’s not just me. You say he admires the new wallpaper. Is the stripes new? Do you wish to replace the brick with more stripes?

Fritillary123 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:44:45

I don't really like wallpapers as I think they are just big business trying to get us to spend our money. That same big business ensures they go out of fashion quite quickly so they make more money at the expense of the environment. I personally prefer nice eco friendly paint and beautiful framed pictures which will last a life time and have less of a negative environmental impact and cost you a lot less.

MyOtherProfile Tue 14-Nov-17 21:48:54

Oops I assumed you were getting rid of both! I certainly wouldn't put the brick paper up but the stripes look quite dated too.

WillowWeeping Tue 14-Nov-17 21:50:22

Brick wallpaper is awful.

Bluntness100 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:50:52

There are some beautiful wall papers available now.,pricey but beautiful,and classicly timeless in their design. I wouldn’t put either these papers in that category though. Sorry,op, but would say,they are more,fashion papers.

sooperdooper Wed 15-Nov-17 08:53:09

Not keen on either - sorry!

whiskyowl Wed 15-Nov-17 09:38:51

I'm really sorry, I don't like either of them. I think brick wallpaper almost always looks quite disappointing and flat in real life - like the kind of thing a local cafe would put up in an effort to do French vintage. The stripes would give me a migraine!

Tell us what you want and we can help you source a more popular paper!! smile

youvegottobekidding Wed 15-Nov-17 11:03:41

Sorry, just re-read my original post back - to clarify - we have the striped wallpaper up now & thinking of replacing that with the brick effect wallpaper!

Yes I do really like it! I've seen a few pics of living rooms with it & still like it! I can envisage it in our living room & feel confident it'll work well in our living room, was just wanting others thoughts on whether they liked the stripes or bricks, but as it turns out neither are very popular! 🤣

MadameJosephine Wed 15-Nov-17 11:07:15

I’d leave the striped paper up. While I love rooms with exposed brickwork I really don’t like the wallpaper which looks like bricks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now