Talk

Advanced search

Central heating pressure?

(11 Posts)
abitoflight Tue 14-Nov-17 09:36:02

Is this a pressure thing that my central heating not working?
If so do I repressurise it with red knights in pics?
It’s a big orange metal dome under boiler?

scaryteacher Tue 14-Nov-17 09:46:31

See if there are instructions for your make of boiler on the internet? We are abroad and have something similar that we have to pressurised a couple of times a week. Roll on moving back to the UK, where this is unnecessary.

abitoflight Tue 14-Nov-17 10:01:48

It’s a Worcester Bosch boiler
Had them in 2 other houses and have instructions but I don’t know what orange some called to look it up

LaurieFairyCake Tue 14-Nov-17 10:21:17

There’s a probably white turny thing underneath - I have one. My boiler person says it’s to be between 1 and 2 at all times.

abitoflight Tue 14-Nov-17 11:35:41

Laurie thank you!
When you say u have one do you mean big dome thing?
I’ll maybe try that red knob in pic as that only valvey thing
I really wish I knew what dome contraption was called!

LaurieFairyCake Tue 14-Nov-17 12:38:05

Yes it might be the red thing (not a plumber! Mines is white)

If you turn it a bit does the pressure come up?

abitoflight Tue 14-Nov-17 13:00:30

Going back home now so will turn knob a bit and see.....

parkview094 Tue 14-Nov-17 13:40:37

What does that silver metal flexi hose just behind the gauge in your picture connect to? The filling 'loop' for your system should have 2 valves you will need to turn to let water in and to top up the system. it's hard to see from the photo, but it looks like there's one at the end of that flexi hose - there should be a matching one at the other end.
The orange/red dome thing is called an expansion vessel.

This is the sort of filling loop you'll likely be looking for:

i.frg.im/RcunzS6t/evk-0_600.jpg

parkview094 Tue 14-Nov-17 13:41:50

..if your boiler is 'cold' (i.e. off) - try setting the pressure to 1. When it gets hot, the pressure will increase. If it hangs between 1.5->2 when its 'hot' - that's probably good enough.

abitoflight Tue 14-Nov-17 13:51:23

Parkview
Thanks I had just got there myself when your reply can thru! Just to top left of red knob in pic is a valve - I opened this and put water into system until pressure 1.5 and rads getting hot now grin
At least I know how to do it now and pressure may have dropped so low as spent ages last night bleeding air from rads
Thank you all 👍

LaurieFairyCake Tue 14-Nov-17 14:00:44

Yay! You fixed it grin Warm nights ahead

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: