Talk

Advanced search

Landlord issues

(7 Posts)
Fuckit2017 Mon 13-Nov-17 22:09:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wowfudge Mon 13-Nov-17 22:40:09

Find somewhere else to live with a landlord/landlord's agent who treats you with respect.

dramallamakarma Mon 13-Nov-17 22:43:45

Ask her to contact you via email only? Sounds like a PITA, can you move?

Fuckit2017 Mon 13-Nov-17 22:50:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wowfudge Tue 14-Nov-17 05:08:48

All you do then is refuse to engage with her when she is shouting at you. Tell her you are not prepared to be shouted at and that she can ring you back when she can talk to you in a civil manner. You should have contact details for the LL - why not write to him, an email will do, and explain that on however many occasions his wife has rung you she has shouted at you which you find completely unnecessary and therefore you would prefer it if she would communicate by email instead.

Calphurnia Tue 14-Nov-17 05:13:14

"Stop shouting, or I will hang up". Then do it, follow up with email: "the issue we need to resolve is x, as I said, I will not talk to you on the phone while you are shouting"

Ausparent Tue 14-Nov-17 05:37:03

We had a landlady a bit like this. Not with the shouting but trying to blame us for things. Even after we moved out she received a has bill at her home and gave the gas company our forwarding address which we had only given to get the cheque for the deposit. It was a nightmare to deal with and actually nothigng to do with is as we had used a different supplier but she kept bouncing it back to us. When we spoke to the gas company directly we found the bill was for one of her other properties. She also deducted money from our deposit for not cleaning the inside of the washing machine and under the fridge even though my DH and I were only there for 3 months and literally scrubbed every nook and cranny.

Sometimes they are just like that. Try not to let her contact you by phone and leave when you can. She won't change.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: