Talk

Advanced search

Need some quick advice on flooring

(6 Posts)
LJH79 Mon 13-Nov-17 21:38:26

Floor fitter is coming at weekend and still haven't chosen floor!!!!! We have flint grey gloss cupboards and solid Oak worktop. We were going for engineered wood but not decided on quickstep impressive laminate range. We were going for a medium oak floor but now stuck with deciding if to go lighter. Anyone used quickstep laminate and if so any reccommendation for colours. Looking at sandblast oak but not sure if too light?? Any help advice greatly appreciated. TIA

fialor Mon 13-Nov-17 21:43:15

Do you have pictures? That would help people give you their opinions.

buckeejit Mon 13-Nov-17 21:52:38

We're having antique french oak in the kitchen diner with cream units. Photos would help but I think generally any greys go well with any wood colours!

LJH79 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:25:32

Below is kitchen to give an idea. Currently just got floorboards. So decision time tomorrow and now in complete confusion about it. Either we go a traditional oak colour slightly darker than worktop or be brace and go grey. I can't make a decision confused

EmmaCB1 Wed 15-Nov-17 21:20:00

We’ve just had quickstep installed this week and I’m very impressed. We have Valley Oak Light Beige which comes in wide planks. Cabinets are matt grey, worktops white and dining table and benches oak and it all goes together really well. I was worried about how all the wood would fit together as we have light oak doors too, which don’t exactly match the table and it’s fine. We had thought about a grey colour but the light one seemed too ‘skandi’ which doesn’t go with the house.

I am worried about keeping it clean though. A darker colour would have been more sensible!

LJH79 Tue 21-Nov-17 20:00:54

I decided to go for saw cut oak grey and really pleased with it. Felt a bit of a gamble but paid off and nice and light in hallway when you walk in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: