Advanced search

Certificates required when selling house!

(3 Posts)
rattlesnake Sun 12-Nov-17 01:15:25

Does anyone know if it's a legal requirement to get a full electrical test of property before selling? I know I have to provide EPC. Have received my buyers contract in post today and they have asked me if I can provide proof of a whole property electrical test by certified electrician.

Monkeyinshoes Sun 12-Nov-17 01:42:58

No, there isn't a legal requirement for you to provide that.

If the buyers want an electrical survey (or gas safety checks for that matter), they would have to arrange and pay for it themselves.

rattlesnake Mon 13-Nov-17 09:36:22

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: