Talk

Advanced search

Best eco-friendly paint?

(3 Posts)
Hurraahhnaptime Sat 11-Nov-17 20:45:43

I'm painting my son's bedroom and want to choose an eco-friendly paint that is both okay for him and the environment. I have looked at Little Greene and Earthborn. Anybody use either? I love the Farrow and ball colours but I'm not sure it is as eco-friendly. I do need it to be pretty hard-wearing to withstand family life

venys Sun 12-Nov-17 17:28:34

Earthborn is quite nice and creamy. As a go to I tend to use Lakeland paints (was ECOS) because their service is amazing (next day delivery). The standard wall paints are good but I am not so convinced on some of their specialty paints like Masonry and wood stain. Had a bad experience with Auro paint - it was probably stored incorrectly at some point. But am going to try again using a white anti mould paint. I know there is also Nutshell paints but I haven't tried them.

Sadik Sun 12-Nov-17 17:37:08

I use Lakeland paints - I have lots of allergy issues & have always found them very very good. I've only used the standard matt / gloss / eggshell paints.
They do contain titanium dioxide though - not an issue from a personal health POV, but does have environmental implications.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: