Talk

Advanced search

Getting a combi boiler fitted

(6 Posts)
SarahH12 Sat 11-Nov-17 13:36:30

Has anyone had a combi boiler fitted? How difficult was it and how much did it cost?

The house we're buying doesnt have one so it's the first thing we'll do once we've moved. But i haven't got the slightest idea how much work it'll be or how much it'll cost.

Poshindevon Sat 11-Nov-17 13:42:46

You do need to shop around but they are no trouble to fit at all. Mine is in the garage and like you I had an old fashioned boiler removed and a combi boiler put in. I think it took about a day and a half.

SarahH12 Sat 11-Nov-17 14:33:17

Oh that's good! It really sounds like no trouble at all!!

A work colleague told me all the flooring would be ripped up to do it - which I really couldn't understand!!

scaryteacher Sat 11-Nov-17 14:51:17

Why do you want a combi?

IrritatedUser1960 Sat 11-Nov-17 14:56:54

I want one because my water tank is in the 2nd bedroom and it's not convenient at all in a 2 bedroom house.

scaryteacher Sat 11-Nov-17 17:49:59

Mine is in the loft, so not a problem. We are currently abroad where combis are the norm, and I hate them. Wastes water whilst waiting for it to heat up; if some one flushes the loo whilst another is in the shower, you can hear the air turn blue, and when the boiler goes tits up, there is no switch to flick on the immersion to ensure that you still have hot water.

Roll on moving back to the UK and my immersion heater for emergencies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now