Talk

Advanced search

Beach themed bathroom?

(26 Posts)
AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Thu 09-Nov-17 11:11:50

We will be moving into our new (rented) home over the next few weeks. Major decorating will have to wait until the new year, but the bathroom needs very little work.

Can you inspire me? Obviously I need to keep the white suite, but can change the toilet seat, walls and flooring.

I'm not really into beige as a main color- I'd prefer to work with a light blue/sea blue.

I'm quite creative too.

I have a fuckload of shells collected from Shell Island in May (three big sandcastle buckets full). Any way I can use these? Would I be batshit for gluing them all onto the top of a toilet seat? (We're quite a quirky family).

Oh, and it's small, if that helps. Your typical bath-loo-sink set up.

GlitteryFluff Thu 09-Nov-17 11:15:52

Could you use shells on the frame of a mirror?
I wouldn't put them on toilet seat as I'd wanna be able to clean it properly and couldn't.

SnowBallsAreHere Thu 09-Nov-17 11:16:59

I think glued shells on the toilet lid would make it very difficult to clean.
I’ve seen a nice beach themed downstairs loo with lovely framed lighthouse photo and shells displayed on a framed shelf. Hard to describe but a shelf with small sides so they don’t all fall out

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Thu 09-Nov-17 11:19:52

Agreed- the toilet seat shells were a crap idea (see what I did there?😅)

The mirror idea is fab! The shells are mostly small, but we have a few big ones which would look good on a shelf

midnightflowers Thu 09-Nov-17 11:24:02

Could you hang one of them 3D photo boxes/frames on the wall with a picture of your family in on holiday with some sand and the shells?
We have one that I still haven’t put up yet in our beach themed bathroom.
The shells glued around a mirror sounds good!

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Thu 09-Nov-17 11:33:12

midnight I took some fab ones at Shwll Island!

Would anyone object to me posting two? They've both got colors on them that I'd like to pick out for walls/towels etx; and opinions/suggestions would be so helpful! They're identifying- but I'm TOTALLY out on here.

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Thu 09-Nov-17 11:33:53

midnigbt mind if I ask what color your walls are?

Redglitter Thu 09-Nov-17 11:39:16

B&Q do a couple of great beach themed loo seats. Ones sand and star fish and the other is a beach hut

I had a beach theme in my last house. I loved it. I had lots of odds & ends on shelves etc - a lighthouse, a beach hut etc it was great

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Thu 09-Nov-17 11:41:57

I think the theme will run all through the house, actually...in the room whixh will be in our bedroom, there's a strange round window!

midnightflowers Thu 09-Nov-17 11:48:31

Our bathroom walls are a white/off white colour.
I really wanted a sky blue/tinted blue colour paint but dp objected. sad
We have a small lighthouse in the windowsill which we got from Cornwall last year, and some driftwood hanging type garland thing hanging in the corner too.

Very jealous of your round window!!

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Thu 09-Nov-17 11:50:46

It sounds beautiful! I shivered a little when I read "off white" but only because of Magnolia-and-cat-pee-gate this weekend. 😀

Can I be even more nosey and ask what you have on your floor?

UrsulaPandress Thu 09-Nov-17 11:53:42

My bathroom is seasidey. I have the B&Q loo seat with sand and shells. White panelling, pale blue walls, box frames with seaweed from South Africa, and lots of jaunty seaside ornaments.

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Thu 09-Nov-17 12:04:29

I'm LOVING the beach hut seat!

specialsubject Thu 09-Nov-17 12:05:22

clearly you want to spend your whole life dusting. All this clutter is going to make lots of work.

midnightflowers Thu 09-Nov-17 12:09:22

Specialsubject is right! It’s a pain in the arse to dust!
We have a dark cream carpet that was already down when we moved in and haven’t bothered to change yet.**
Plans to change it are being spoken about but we can’t agree on flooring!
I’d really like a wooden shabby looking floor (iykwim!) but dp wants tiles so until he changes his mind it’s not happening!
Can I be nosey and ask what flooring you have?!

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Thu 09-Nov-17 12:12:46

It's dark tiles atm. I'm dreaming of a shabby-type floor too!

FluffyWhiteTowels Thu 09-Nov-17 12:14:32

I put plants in a seaside bucket amd topped round the top of the plants with shells to hide the soil ....reminds me as well of the fun we had at the beach with the buckets

gamerchick Thu 09-Nov-17 12:18:00

Floor sticker?

m.dresslily.com/beach-seafish-floor-sticker-product2082596.html

In reality I don’t think they would last long unless covered with a seal of some sort.

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Thu 09-Nov-17 12:18:51

OOH!

FluffyWhiteTowels Thu 09-Nov-17 12:20:18

I also have a huge glass bowl vase with sand and shells and a candle in

FluffyWhiteTowels Thu 09-Nov-17 12:22:44

Ive seen a floor with cork tiles with a laminate picture on ... it was rose petals but you could also get beach theme, grass all sorts. Warm as cork and easy to clean with the laminate on top

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Thu 09-Nov-17 12:38:43

Trying to google that cork flooring- it sounds interesting!

JoJoSM2 Thu 09-Nov-17 13:47:58

I love shell masks. They could be quite a feature

FluffyWhiteTowels Thu 09-Nov-17 14:59:07

That mask may give me a fright in the night without the lights on confused

Joinourclub Thu 09-Nov-17 16:27:03

You can get tiles in the style of driftwood planks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: