Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me whether these sensors are of any use?

(4 Posts)
ellisss Thu 09-Nov-17 09:11:50

Hello,

Have just moved to a new house and there are a few Visonic sensors dotted around, but no central alarm system... Are they any use?
Many thanks!

wowfudge Thu 09-Nov-17 10:00:42

A quick Google shows that these are part of a wireless alarm system - are you sure the control panel isn't somewhere in the house? If you were expecting the alarm system to be in place then go back to the vendors via your solicitor as it's possible the control panel was packed by mistake. I once had to empty 9 boxes packed by a removal company as the heating timer had been packed despite me telling the guys one of the rooms had nothing they needed to pack in it!

ellisss Thu 09-Nov-17 10:20:06

Thanks @wowfudge. The alarm was not mentioned in the property info during the selling process so I was not expecting there to be one. I haven't seen anything in the property that looks like it, so maybe it pre-dated our seller.

wowfudge Thu 09-Nov-17 12:43:24

If it's wireless maybe they intended to take it with them and have forgotten the sensors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now