Talk

Advanced search

Moving toilet location

(8 Posts)
KyloRensLightsaber Wed 08-Nov-17 23:16:01

I’m looking to move a toilet from one side of the house to the other from a separate toilet only room to join the bath and sink in the bathroom.

Anyone got any idea how difficult this is in terms of moving the plumbing? Toilet waste currently runs down front, there is bath and sink waste where I’d like the toilet to be.

Is it a case of a new toilet waste to be added running out of the bathroom? That sounds complicated....

Partyfops Wed 08-Nov-17 23:19:44

Do not consider a Sani Flow unit!! smile

keepingbees Wed 08-Nov-17 23:46:12

I’m not very clued up on plumbing but we are in the process of moving a toilet to a different position within the same room (so not as far as you would be). The soil pipe is being moved, there were limitations on this as the new pipe work had to be workable with gravity, and we are having new pipes put down through our garage, in a way that lets the water drain downwards.
If there was a normal room below the bathroom rather than the garage it wouldn’t have been doable.
I’ve probably not explained that very well. A plumber should be able to come and have a look and tell you what your options are. It. It will depend on existing pipe positions and where you want the toilet moving to essentiallysmile

KyloRensLightsaber Thu 09-Nov-17 09:14:22

It’s definitely an ask a Plumber situation, but it’s a house I’m moving into and I think because the toilet waste is not where I want to move it to it’ll be a flat no.

Just thought I’d see if anyone on here had any wisdom first, and you do! So thanks for your advice smile

PigletJohn Thu 09-Nov-17 09:34:05

"there is bath and sink waste where I’d like the toilet to be"

post photos, inside and out, of the pipes and drains, and show us a plan diagram including all "manhole covers"

How old is the house?

Angryosaurus Thu 09-Nov-17 09:45:19

Could you move the sink and bath to join the toilet instead?

KyloRensLightsaber Thu 09-Nov-17 09:47:57

Angry I did consider that but it would mean losing a bedroom.

Piglet it’s a house I’m in the process of buying so I don’t have any photos, I think I’ll need to come back to it closer to completion.

Thanks both for your responses.

ImperfectTents Thu 09-Nov-17 09:57:18

We added a new soil pipe , expensive but better that a saniflow chopping away . There will be planning rules about were the pipes can go. We had a very persuasive architect and it was the back of the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now