Talk

Advanced search

Buyer withdrew his offer. :(

(6 Posts)
TinyTemperamental Wed 08-Nov-17 14:04:32

Just so disappointed.

The man who viewed our flat 4 times (!!) before putting an offer last week, withdrew from it yesterday. We had accepted his offer even though it was below the asking price. Apparently he’s found something even cheaper! sad

Meanwhile, our offer on a semi detached house that we liked had been accepted but now we can’t proceed further and I guess the semi detached will be back on the market.

Aaarghhh... back to square one.

wowfudge Wed 08-Nov-17 15:26:53

Sounds like it could be for the best. Someone who is only interested in paying as little as possible could be a pain in the butt over anything and everything down the line.

TinyTemperamental Wed 08-Nov-17 16:36:43

I agree, wow. I guess at times whatever happens, happens for the best.
It’s just that the same day our offer got accepted on the place we wanted to purchase, a few hours later our buyer withdrew so, the situation is even more disappointing.

Fingers crossed on more viewings and hopefully some decent folks will make an offer soon!

scrabbler3 Fri 10-Nov-17 20:18:50

This sucks. I hope the next interested party is less of a time waster.

Alittlepotofrosie Fri 10-Nov-17 20:20:50

Will your agent arrange an open day?

TinyTemperamental Thu 16-Nov-17 17:37:23

No open days yet. We are getting a couple of viewings now so let’s see.

My solicitors mentioned today that these agents are known for buyer putting an offer and then backing out and they’ve dealt with them before in such situations!
So will probably change the EA after our contract finishes this month.
They are a newish (2 yrs old) online premium agency and the reviews on the net are great but I guess you can fake them. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now