Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New broadband/tv package with ugly thick cables everywhere?

(4 Posts)
Tigerlilly17 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:28:45

Hi

We are soon moving home and I currently have a Virgin media full package and wanted to take this with me. However, in my new home the living room is a the rear of the property ( 3 storey terraced townhouse). I absolutely loathe the ugly thick cable all over the skirting and doorways, but love the broadband and package itself. My current installation was over 10 years ago, is it still as bulky and ugly as it used to be? I don’t want it running all through my new house making it look awful again. Otherwise, sky is an option but it their setup the same? Thick cables everywhere? Is their broadband any good?
Don’t know what to do for the best. Any advice is appreciated .

BordersMumNow123 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:38:37

Don't they do a wireless setup now? All my new sky stuff, TV and broadband, is completely wireless between devices. I'm pretty sure they are all wireless now

wonkylegs Mon 06-Nov-17 13:41:43

We've had virgin at 3 properties now (over 10+ years, latest 4yrs ago) and we've never had ugly cables everywhere. I suspect it depends on the guy installing it but ours have always been very neat with minimal exposed cable.

Tigerlilly17 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:44:17

Thanks for the reply guys. It’s the big thick white cable that runs from outside to the main hub. We would need that in the living room at the rear of the property for the tv and WiFi etc, but it’s the cable leading to it that’s a bug bear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now