Talk

Advanced search

Kirchen from DIY kitchens - colour choice?

(10 Posts)
Scatternobrains Sun 05-Nov-17 20:45:49

Has anybody had a kitchen from DIY kitchens, if so which one and what colour? and do you have any photos? I am looking at one of the painted Hemsley ones but can not decide on a colour.

Thanks

Scatternobrains Sun 05-Nov-17 20:53:06

Meant Helmsley

randomthoughts Sun 05-Nov-17 20:55:36

We've just gone with alabaster, I'm not brave enough for anything too drastic. Work in progress but here you go.

Scatternobrains Sun 05-Nov-17 21:03:25

haha, thats my problem - I don't know if I'm brave. To be fair I will only have two or three cupboards, so it's not a lot to have to live with. How would you describe alabaster? Is it white or cream?

randomthoughts Sun 05-Nov-17 21:11:17

It's off-white, but not a yellowy cream. I think it will change depending on the other colours in the room. Our spotlights are daylight and pendants warm white, and just changing the lighting alters the look of the units. Given I expect to keep this for a good number of years I wanted something which wasn't too fashionable! I would have gone for cashmere, but had already sourced floor tiles (not the ones here). Order a few of the sample doors and see what you think.

khampal Mon 06-Nov-17 00:00:34

Sorry to hijack the thread but...

I am getting Clayton in light grey, but no idea what it looks like! It seems like a lot of the customer images on the website have been given the wrong colour name. I don't suppose anyone has DIY Kitchens shaker units in the "light grey" and willing to share what their kitchen looks like?

randomthoughts Mon 06-Nov-17 06:22:32

Mine is the Clayton, I ordered samples in light grey. I really liked it but it didn't go with my floor choice. The Clayton doors are lovely though. Really solid and smooth. Have you ordered any samples?

Ramona75 Mon 06-Nov-17 08:57:09

DIY do have some real examples on their site that people have sent in of their finished kitchens.

khampal Mon 06-Nov-17 13:03:48

Thanks for the info randomthoughts, your kitchen does look lovely so that gets me excited. No I didn't order any samples, I wish I had now though! Too late sadly though. What sort of floor do you reckon the light grey will go well with? I was thinking of getting an oak effect vinyl (to go with the oak worktops).

randomthoughts Mon 06-Nov-17 13:43:16

Oak will be lovely with the grey. I got a cheap deal on floor tiles, so everything went from there. I can’t wait to get mine finished now. I’ve been very impressed so far, only one missing panel and no damage. I’m also loving my handles, they were some of the cheapest d shaped ones and I’m really pleased with my choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now