Talk

Advanced search

New Build Kitchen - Is This Too Much ..............

(14 Posts)
Mjs0510 Sun 05-Nov-17 09:07:56

The new build we are buying comes with a Laura Ashley kitchen but in very limited colours. This is the show house which is French Grey (but looks very blue) - do you think it’s too much?

My other choice would be Pumice but I want to keep the work surfaces a lighter colour and would like to have the flooring shown in this picture and I’m not sure it’s not all a bit similar without a contrast

Currently going round in circles.

MairzyDoats Sun 05-Nov-17 09:11:24

What colour is pumice? A light grey? What are the other floor options? I'm not very keen on the blue there... But you're right, light grey with that floor would also be too much. Would respraying be an option? I saw an amazing respray on a kitchen yesterday, totally transformed it!

Baxdream Sun 05-Nov-17 09:13:05

Are there any darker colours to choose?

Ttbb Sun 05-Nov-17 09:22:55

The blue is a tiny bit dated. Any chance of a sage green? Or you could go for a dark colour for the bottom cupboards and white on top allowing you to keep the worktops light.

AppleKatie Sun 05-Nov-17 09:23:46

I love that maybe I've got poor taste but I would definitely choose that rather than greying it up more.

Ropsleybunny Sun 05-Nov-17 09:25:58

I absolutely love the one you’ve shown but that’s me. It’s your choice and you have to live with it afterwards.

wowfudge Sun 05-Nov-17 10:52:17

Choose what you like - you will be living with it. If you get tired of it, it can always be painted in the future.

justforthisnow Sun 05-Nov-17 11:07:22

That doesn’t look like French grey, it’s very blue. I’d change I think.
Also the house location is visible in the address bar of your pic. Maybe crop it?

SilverSpot Sun 05-Nov-17 11:07:30

Don’t like that really - like PP suggests can you go for a darker on the bottom units?

I also don’t like that they have put a shitty shelf up instead of a cupboard to save money. Looks cheap.

keepingbees Sun 05-Nov-17 13:03:40

I don’t personally like it, but obviously go with what you like. I think blue limits your decor options though. I would be inclined to go with something more neutral which would go with any colour wall/accessories so you can change it round in the future. I love greys but they are very ‘current’ and will probably date. But ultimately go with what you love!

specialsubject Sun 05-Nov-17 13:10:18

Any other options? Muck trap fiddly bits on the doors, back- killing butler sink, annoying clothing-catcher handles, useless lighting.

The colour is the least of your worries!

lalalonglegs Sun 05-Nov-17 13:24:14

Have you seen in it RL - the photo could have had all sorts of fancy lighting/filters that mean the colour shown isn't very true. If it is a good representation of the colour, I agree, I'd look at others, it's a bit sugary.

parkview094 Mon 06-Nov-17 08:39:48

Do they have a selection of colour and door samples you can view at the site? If not, our local Jewsons stocks (and has a display of) Laura Ashley kitchens, so might be worth checking there so you can see the options in the flesh.

wheresmyphone Mon 06-Nov-17 08:50:41

What ever colour you choose I would've tempted to use a couple of colours e.g. A different one for the island.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: