Talk

Advanced search

Neville Johnson Library

(4 Posts)
Woolyheads Fri 03-Nov-17 15:58:44

I have just been quoted £7500 for a Neville Johnson library in my home. Does anyone have experience of this company. I have no idea if this is a complete rip off price or how good the work might be. So please share your experiences.

TIA

whiskyowl Fri 03-Nov-17 16:04:54

What kind of size and finish are you looking at?

Local joiners are often cheaper than these larger companies, so it's worth getting a quote from them.

I am designing my own shelving for a library in oak-faced plywood, using a CNC manufacturing company. The advantage of this is that you can have whatever you want. I'm getting both a set of enormous shelves (4m long x 4m high) and a load of storage down one huge wall in the dining room (3.6m long x 2.6m high) for about the same price as you're paying.

Woolyheads Tue 12-Dec-17 09:20:30

They are offering a sort of textured plastic wood (so faux wood) in white larch. There are four walls. So about 7 metres length in total all to the ceiling or eves, which ever comes first.

JoJoSM2 Tue 12-Dec-17 12:49:31

It doesn't sound that much for 7m of shelves. However, the faux wood product sounds pretty tacky.

@whiskyowl, what's the company that will supply the stuff? I'm very interested as we'll be doing some shelves in Jan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now