Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Planning consultant recommendations for Kingston

(8 Posts)
Catjeffs Thu 02-Nov-17 20:18:58

Hi everyone,

We had a refusal last year so looking to find a planning consultant (or similar) to give us some advice about what we can and can’t do with a rear extension in New Malden.

If you have anyone you’d recommend it’d be great if you could pass on their details.

Many thanks
Catherine

Archipops Thu 02-Nov-17 20:22:16

Would you mind telling what the reasons given for the PA refusal by the planners?

Catjeffs Fri 03-Nov-17 05:59:29

It’s more that we’re looking to see what our options are rather than appealing. We have a ‘boiler room’ on the back of the house (very small) and they state this affects the side elevation of the house so we can only extend back half the width of the house. Apparently most councils ignore this rule but sadly kingston didn’t this time.

SmellTheGlove Fri 03-Nov-17 07:37:00

My advice would be to move house rather than deal with Kingston planning department. Sorry not helpful!

R77house Fri 03-Nov-17 07:58:15

We had a similar issue with Richmond council ( house in Twickenham). We hired a small building firm to knock down the old coal shed which had been incorporated into the kitchen in the 70s. They bricked up the external wall and we were left with a smaller kitchen. Our architect then resubmitted the permitted development extension plans showing the existing house with no outbuilding, so no changes to the side elevation. We were told you can knock down parts of your house ( or whole house) without any planning permission. But obviously I would suggest you get your own advice before you start anything like this. But it worked for us and we now have a great full width extension.

Sarahsea1 Fri 03-Nov-17 08:25:11

Try Planning Solutions in Fulham - I think he’s ex LBHF planning and handles appeals etc throughout London.

Archipops Fri 03-Nov-17 11:30:39

what are tge dimensions of your rear extension? have you looked at permitted dev? may qualify if u r within limits

Archipops Fri 03-Nov-17 11:31:31

and r u in a Conservation Area?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now