Advanced search

I have a wall Light conumdrum - can anybody help?

(14 Posts)
katymac Thu 02-Nov-17 17:51:25

In my new house the conservatory has 2 different wall lights - which upsets me

One is too low (& I can't put the cupboard anywhere else)

Can anyone come up with a cheapish solution - I can't find either light to make them match & I am concerned that if I move the light up there will be a bit of wall underneath that will be a bit crap

So I am thinking of wall lights with a large back plate or maybe wiring a spotlight into the wall that can sit of the cupboard or something clever I haven't thought of

katymac Thu 02-Nov-17 21:03:20


wheresmyphone Thu 02-Nov-17 21:51:32

Not sure I understand: are you saying if you move a light you will have to refill the plaster and redecorate,?

katymac Thu 02-Nov-17 23:05:22

Well ideally no; as it's only 3-5 inches I need to get it higher I was wondering about a wall light with a larger back plates, but I haven't seen any that are 'lower' than the light fitting

Or could the cupboard hide it

I can't spend a fortune on it as everything works, I just find it upsetting (which is stupid. Of me I know)

wowfudge Thu 02-Nov-17 23:24:51

Can you have the lights which are in the wrong place disconnected and removed, if only temporarily, and use a couple of lamps instead? Once you have decided where it would work best for you to have the lights, choose something you like and get it sorted out.

katymac Fri 03-Nov-17 07:12:09

Do you know wowfudge I think that is the best ideas

Then I can load the cabinets with my wedding crystal and worry about it after I have saved up a bit

Genius idea, thanks

wowfudge Fri 03-Nov-17 07:16:24


katymac Fri 03-Nov-17 07:18:10

Sometimes I can't see the trees for looking - such a numpty

It should be OK if I use one of those eggbox things shouldn't it? (I know they aren't called eggboxes but I'm sure I know what I mean hmm )

wowfudge Fri 03-Nov-17 07:27:08

I'm glad you do, you've lost me! If you are at all unsure what you are doing, get an electrician to remove them for you.

katymac Fri 03-Nov-17 07:36:37

Like this

Apparently they are called block connector strips!

wowfudge Fri 03-Nov-17 09:58:04

Very tiny egg boxes!!

katymac Fri 03-Nov-17 10:42:45

found an eggbox/block connector strip
Electrics off
Light off wall

wowfudge Fri 03-Nov-17 11:09:33

Yay! Happy days.

katymac Fri 03-Nov-17 11:23:44

I may be easily pleased..... wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: