Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Short term rental

(7 Posts)
Justwanttomove Thu 02-Nov-17 14:51:55

Does anyone know what the shortest period you can rent for is? We're having major problems with our chain (again!)and I'm wondering whether breaking the chain would be the way forward. It's not something I want to do and I'm not convinced DH will agree but I'm collating options!

Mxyzptlk Thu 02-Nov-17 14:53:09

You can get as short as you want on Airbnb.

namechangedtoday15 Thu 02-Nov-17 16:06:30

My friend got a holiday cottage for a couple of weeks (outside of holiday season). Otherwise use local FB sites asking for private landlords offering say 1 or 2 months if you pay rent upfront (would be unusual but someone might allow it).

wowfudge Thu 02-Nov-17 18:48:26

Six months is the minimum for an AST because of the protection it affords the LL. You need a holiday let or an Airbnb for a shorter period.

specialsubject Thu 02-Nov-17 19:34:29

A landlord that offers less than six months except as a holiday let or airbnb isn't one you want to rent from.
Tenants can't legally be evicted before six months, so a landlord that sticks to the law will want you to commit for that long.

Justwanttomove Thu 02-Nov-17 21:06:17

Ok thanks. I'll look into airbnb and see what's available. DH doesn't think it would work as we'd pay for removals twice plus storage of our furniture.

Mxyzptlk Thu 02-Nov-17 22:05:49

It could be worth it if it achieves what you want.

If you are in an area where holiday let's are mainly used in the summer, you could get one of those for a reasonable rent for a few months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now