Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help needed please - no heating as my Towerstat transmitter is refusing to talk to its receiver

(5 Posts)
BeautifulRedBoots Thu 02-Nov-17 08:39:07

Would really appreciate some help - I have trawled the internet; worked through the instruction manuals for my boiler and the thermostat, but I cannot fix the problem.

Worcester Greenstar 30Si compact boiler fitted by British Gas a few months ago.

TowerstatRF STTR/F thermostat control system fitted about ten years ago. Always worked fine, and British Gas man recommended that I keep it.

I cannot remember if the boiler installer checked that the heating worked - I would guess he would have.

I now find that the remote thermostat and the receiver are not communicating. Receiver has power, Thermostat working fine. I have tried changing the frequency.

Does anyone have any idea what else I can try?!
TIA

Vitalogy Thu 02-Nov-17 08:42:30

Are the batteries in the remote ok? Sometimes mine has a turn and I press a button on a small box by the boiler, that seems to make it kick in.

BeautifulRedBoots Thu 02-Nov-17 08:45:02

Batteries in the remote are fine (I had to get rid of a dead spider inside the thermostat to change them).
Where is the button you mention please?

BeautifulRedBoots Thu 02-Nov-17 08:52:14

blush clearly the batteries in the remote were not fine - I have just changed them again, and now all is fine!
Thank you for your help Vitalogy flowers

Vitalogy Thu 02-Nov-17 10:08:27

That's great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now