Talk

Advanced search

Delta dore thermostat help please

(10 Posts)
thinkfast Wed 01-Nov-17 23:27:49

For some reason I cannot fathom our home becomes an oven at around 4am each morning - presumably to do with the settings on this thermostat.

Can someone please explain to me whether I need to change the mode to have Either the little sun or little moon symbol above the temperature (I have no idea what the symbols mean and the instruction manual seems to be in some kind of code)

PigletJohn Thu 02-Nov-17 00:36:43

don't know

show us some photos please

Does it incorporate a timer?

PigletJohn Thu 02-Nov-17 00:38:15

which one?

www.deltadore.co.uk/home-automation/heating-control/product-heat-pump-boiler

thinkfast Thu 02-Nov-17 07:33:57

This is the one

thinkfast Thu 02-Nov-17 07:44:42

As far as I know there’s no timer. You just set it to the temperature you want and it should maintain the house at that temperature

dementedpixie Thu 02-Nov-17 07:56:49

I would imagine that the sun is for daytime and the moon is for night time and you set different temperatures for each. Our hearing is off overnight and comes on around 6am

thinkfast Thu 02-Nov-17 08:23:25

Demented pixie - that would make sense but there doesn’t seem any ablility to set the time to let it know when the day/night settings should kick in

I thought the temperature should remain constant at,say, 20 degrees out that’s what I set it to - but it’s still turning on in the early hours with all radiators boiling. It still showed 20 on the screen at 4am though

Wondering if there’s a fault with it

PigletJohn Thu 02-Nov-17 10:32:43

Have you got a hot-water cylinder?

thinkfast Thu 02-Nov-17 20:16:44

Yes we have piglet John

PigletJohn Thu 02-Nov-17 23:39:34

then it's possible that when the boiler is trying to heat the cylinder, hear is leaking out to the radiators. This is quite common, usually due to the controlling valve wearing out.

try to set your timer so that the HW does not get heated until about half an hour before you expect to get up.

What colour is your cylinder?

Near the boiler and/or the cylinder, can you see
a three-port valve?

a pump?

Strapped to the side of your cylinder, can you see

a thermostat?

Does your hot tapwater run surprisingly hot after you have had the central heating on?

photos will help, also of your programmer or timer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now