Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Horsham vs Haywards Heath

(5 Posts)
Zermatt Wed 01-Nov-17 14:56:08

For family life and commute to London. Anyone know these areas and have an advice on which may be better?

LadyPenelopeCantDance Wed 01-Nov-17 19:34:37

DH and I had this dilemma last year and very nearly moved to Horsham, but have ended up in Haywards Heath.

The train commute was the deciding factor as HH has a much better choice of trains and a faster train line. Horsham has a lot more lovely shops and restaurants, but the commute for us had to be the priority.

House prices in HH are cheaper too so you get more for your money. We live in a new build area with a good local school and lovely neighbours which we would highly recommend.

HandbagFan Thu 02-Nov-17 08:37:31

As above - Horsham is a nicer town but HH is cheaper and easier for commuting. Neither is far from Brighton and both are close to lots of Sussex towns for exploring the area.

I’d live in Horsham given the choice but I’d whinge about the commute every day.

KitKat1985 Thu 02-Nov-17 08:44:02

I think Horsham is the 'nicer' town out of the two, but Haywards Heath is definitely better for commuting, and is a nice enough town. So I'd probably pick Haywards Heath if I was in your situation.

NickMyLipple Thu 02-Nov-17 08:46:40

I live in Horsham and can confirm it's the nicer of the two towns - the trains to London are completely dire, especially Southern and for that reason I wouldn't live here if I needed to commute by train to London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now