Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help with water pressure

(6 Posts)
ChocOrange3 Wed 01-Nov-17 11:26:06

Hi

We have a 5 bed family house with 2 bathrooms and 3 kids (who keep growing every day!). Our water pressure is so bad that if someone runs a tap/flushes the toilet/puts a load of washing on then the water everywhere else in the house stops running. Its becoming increasingly difficult in the mornings getting ready for work/school (#middleclassproblems I know)

But I have no idea what to do about it. How can we increase our water pressure? Is it external or internal. I don't even know what type of company/handyman/person to get over who can look and give me an assessment of the changes needed.

Can anyone advise me what to do next?

Thanks!

MrMenAndLittleMiss Wed 01-Nov-17 14:22:05

When we moved house we found out that the upstairs hot water pressure was very poor. The shower was especially useless so we have just had a pump fitted to it and it's amazing. It cost just over £500 and took a day to fit. Afaik though it is for shower only so may not be the answer you need.

QuinionsRainbow Wed 01-Nov-17 16:18:52

How many storeys and where are your hot and cold water tanks?

johnd2 Wed 01-Nov-17 21:25:52

Check the stop tap is on properly. But turn it back 1/4 of a turn from the fully on position
Have you got an old lead water main? If so it may be collapsing and need replacing.
Could be a blockage elsewhere.

wheresmyphone Thu 02-Nov-17 21:59:15

Our pressure was rubbish as we live in Victorian house and feed into house was very very small thin pipe. Had to change that and we put in a pressurised hot water system. Loads of money. Annoying!

MrsMoastyToasty Thu 02-Nov-17 22:00:54

How old is your house? And where is the external stop tap?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now