Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AGA advice.

(3 Posts)
Coastalmum67 Mon 30-Oct-17 18:50:24

Hi, I'd really appreciate some advice on buying a reconditioned AGA. I'm considering the 30 Amp (night storage) model as running costs seem to be cheaper than with other models and it could be externally vented without the need for a flue. The AGA website advises against buying a reconditioned one (I suppose they would do). A friend has recommended a reputable local firm who sell reconditioned AGAs. She has been very happy with her reconditioned AGA. Any advice? Has anyone had problems with their reconditioned AGA? Also, I have spoken with the manager from one of the official AGA dealers and he tells me that if I do go with the 30 Amp model, I could damage if it I switch it off over the summer (our plan is to get an integrated module for the summer months and extra capacity when entertaining). He recommended a dual or total control instead, but I just want an AGA that's on when it's on and then off during the hottest parts of the year, when I'll use the module instead. Any ideas whether it is actually ok to turn off a 30 Amp model once a year for a few months? Has anyone damaged their AGA by doing this? Thank you!

GU24Mum Tue 31-Oct-17 02:37:38

I don't know anything about reconditioned agas (we inherited ours when we bought the house) but we turn ours off for a good 4 months of the year, sometimes more and I wouldn't want not to be able to do that. We've got a gas one. We do have another oven though so we use that over the summer but our kitchen is south-facing and otherwise we'd be paying for heating that we then tried hard to get rid of out of open windows.

Coastalmum67 Wed 01-Nov-17 18:45:25

Thank you, GU24Mum! Good advice. We're now thinking it makes sense just to go with a new Aga - we'll get exactly what we want; no compromises. After all, at my age, I may never need another one!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now