Talk

Advanced search

living in South Tottenham

(6 Posts)
lazysummer Sun 29-Oct-17 21:07:10

Does anyone have experience of living in South Tottenham? I know transport links are good, but what about everything else?

Coughingchildren5 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:23:05

I lived in south Tottenham for ten years. It's multi cultural, gritty, high crime, lots of traffic. Depends what you are looking for!

Uberfluffs Sun 29-Oct-17 21:52:24

We lived just off Philip Lane (close to Tottenham Green) for about 8 years and really liked it - lovely neighbours, a good community, loved the library and sports center, and we could actually afford to buy a decent sized house a reasonable distance from a Victoria Line tube station.

The problem for us were the schools, which in those days weren't good, so we moved when our kids were small to somewhere with better ones. That situation has apparently got much better now though, but it depends on your circumstances.

lazysummer Sun 29-Oct-17 22:23:29

Thank you. I think prices have increased recently- not sure of the crime situation though!

lazysummer Tue 31-Oct-17 20:23:12

Any more experience of the area? My daughter is looking near Stamford Hill.

Coughingchildren5 Wed 01-Nov-17 23:03:32

What is your daughter looking for? I would never want to raise my children there but if your daughter wants an easy commute into town and fab bakeries the it's great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now