Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Built in double oven & microwave that actually match?!?

(12 Posts)
BlackPeppercorn Sun 29-Oct-17 18:33:28

I am having one of those built in units in the kitchen (from DIY Kitchens) that have a built in double oven underneath an integrated microwave.
I cannot find two appliances that match. They all seem to have different switches, different colour LED displays, use a different font for the markings.
This is driving me bonkers. If you want to save an iPad from being thrown across the room (again), any suggestions?

eddielizzard Sun 29-Oct-17 18:36:31

miele do matching appliances if your budget stretches that far.

Ramona75 Mon 30-Oct-17 09:18:53

I share your pain. My OCD must have matching red LEDs everyone on all appliances :-)

ThursdayNextIsMyHero Mon 30-Oct-17 09:21:39

We have Neff. There are two units, the lower one is an oven, the top one can be used as an oven or as a microwave

Banjax Mon 30-Oct-17 09:29:17

siemens!

MiaowTheCat Mon 30-Oct-17 13:20:01

I went for all black appliances because I couldn't take the differing shades of stainless steel on stuff looking around! (Still has different fonts for the cooker and the microwave but I can live with that)

Blankscreen Tue 31-Oct-17 13:55:15

I had this issue. We ended.up with neff. A hide and slid oven and the matching combi microwave oven thing.

Same handle and same small screen with time and date display.

BlackPeppercorn Tue 31-Oct-17 17:30:35

Thank you all.
I rang round the various manufacturers yesterday. Most were quite perplexed as to why someone would want a tower of a double electric oven topped by a microwave. The set up most of you describe of a single oven topped by a microwave/grill is the usual. What can I say - I like to cook.
The kitchen is coming from DIY Kitchens online and the actual unit is a stock one, so it can't be totally unheard of.
I've had to go for matching handles, same colour display, 4 knobs on double oven, but only 3 on the micro. Hope my penchant for symmetry doesn't kick in too much!

BubblesBuddy Tue 31-Oct-17 23:47:14

I have two ovens and a built in combi microwave above one of them. The double oven plus a microwave, as you suggest, is doable but what are you going to have at eye level? That’s why you don’t see this combination in magazines.

You could put two ovens side by side with the microwave above one of them or built in elsewhere. I have my microwave above a single oven at eye level. The other oven is under the hob. I wouldn’t have them all in a tower personally. I like to cook and having two full size separate ovens really works for me. They have different features.

They all matched when they were purchased but the microwave has been replaced. Doesn’t bother me and if you had it installed separately it wouldn’t matter really.

MiaowTheCat Wed 01-Nov-17 07:48:19

We have a double oven plus microwave and apart from the microwave height being about 3 inches higher than I'd like in reality (it's fine for DH who's tall and I just manage) it's OK. Even my mum who's 5 foot and half an inch (and you don't forget the half inch and live to tell the tale) manages to use it OK.

RhythmNBooze Wed 01-Nov-17 07:57:06

We have a single Neff oven with a Baumatic combination microwave oven above. Means we have 2 ovens when we need it but I get the slide and hide function on the main one.

feve17 Wed 01-Nov-17 12:51:25

Bosch, Neff & Siemens always do matching ranges, however double ovens are no the most popular style so they tend to look different than the main range of single ovens. If you stick with the same brand for both appliances you'll get a better match, but with a double oven it can be tricky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now