Talk

Advanced search

Polyflor Expona vs Karndean Art Select

(4 Posts)
leeloy88 Sun 29-Oct-17 18:17:39

We are about to change the entire flooring of the living room of the new house we just bought. This is the first home, we are totally inexperienced.

Visited the flooring shops and did some review today, first we decided we want LVT (luxury vinyl tiles) and now we need to decide which brand. We want the best possible, money isn't the constraint but we don't care about the "brand", just want quality and best look, and best insulation i.e. It's not cold to step on, we don't have under floor heating.

Please can you tell us if we should go for the Karndean Art Select (thinking of Autum oak) or Polyflor Expona (King oak or American walnut).

Are the 2 brands as good as one another? Why on earth Polyflor is 30% the price of Karndean? If they are just as good then I will go with the cheaper. But I don't want to compromise with money for the quality.

wowfudge Sun 29-Oct-17 18:44:27

The key thing to look at is the wear layer - the thicker that is, the longer the flooring should last as the layer on top of the design should take longer to wear down. The same company makes Polyflor and Karndean. Karndean is marketed to compete with Amtico domestically. Polyflor branded flooring has been used in more commercial and industrial settings. We have Polyflor Expona Beveline in our kitchen. It was under £18psm trade price.

Alwayscheerful Mon 30-Oct-17 08:31:30

I have used Karndean and polyfloor, no difference , yes do check the wear layer. Polyfloor have some great designs/colours.

LazySusan11 Thu 02-Nov-17 15:56:29

Glad I found this thread, I was about to choose Karndean flooring for our halllway and kitchen. If Polyfloor is just as good I’ll go with that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now